who has a central boiler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat320

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We just picked one up and have to get it set up and the lines put in the ground.

so what is the concesis on them good bad ok?

Thay are a good unit but they like wood. Lots of info on here about them.

Welcome to the OWB club!!:clap: :clap:

cat,

we have a CB 2300 here. It's on the pad and the Therma-Pex tubing has been laid and buried. Final connections will be performed in September.

We liked what we've been hearing/reading about this company. This EPA unit (2300) best fits our needs due to the close proximity of some of our neighbors.

This burner has a company pushed claim of a 20-25% fewer fuel consumption compared to the 6042.

well they looked like a good unit but hard to get real feed back from people selling stuff somethimes. Plus they where giveing alot of money off and the price was going up so I guess it was push come to shove and we got this unit whitch is the CL 6048.Well now i always on the hunt for wood and we have not even used it yet lol

I think you made the right decision. I came up with the same conclusion after looking at Crown Royal, Shaver, Taylor, Wood Doctor and some others in there. I have two friends that have them. One has had his for 10 yrs the other for 4 yrs. They both love them and have had little to no problems with them. Install them correctly, treat the water properly and I think most units will be excellent. The amount of wood used will be different on every application from what I see. I am working on the site for my CB 5036 Classic it should be in next month.:cheers:

Last edited:
I have had a central boiler for three winters, i love it, but it uses a lot of wood. Be carefull of the line length of the pipe, but as much money into this as possible.

I put a T in my line ot heat my pool, this was a mistake as despite the connection being in a insulated box, it is a massive energy draw.

I have a maple forest that I am cleaning up and thinning and I love to cut wood...so this helps with the wood volume.

Oh, and my box is rusting a bit...despite teh use of the anti rust powder..

barkeatr

We are just starting to work on the install been sitting here for at least a few months. we are getting ready to install the piping and pour the slab . they said dig at least 2' down . last week we spent breaking the concrete on the house now I need to get a machine to dig the trench down my machine is just to big to fit in where it has to go.

I was told that long as you treat the water and more the ash around it should be ok .I think once it's up and running and i get into a routine it will be fine . now it will just be a matter of feeding it lol . All the times i would pass on wood not you have to pay to take fallen trees of someones yard .

CB makes a good boiler. We heated a large house for the last 3 years with the CB at the ex's place. She has more wood than she can burn in 3 lifetimes there, so it was great. Used like 10 cords last year though. They like to eat lots of wood, unless you got a newer more efficient EPA model.

Yah done good though. Good choice, good company, good boiler.

Back