Hello from Central MN

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblnut

Overweight and underpaid.
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello from Central MN !!

I've been lurking in AS for years and finally joined up. I didn't realize there was an intro area and have posted in a couple other areas already, hope that's okay ....

My family and I farm around 750 acres of corn, soybeans, rye, oats and alfalfa in Central MN. We also have a Gold'N'Plump chicken barn with around 42,000 birds in it being raised for meat. We have a cattle barn with anywhere from 150-170 head in it from 250lbs up to 1600lbs.

We farm lots of small fields and have an endless amount of fence lines to maintain so everyone in the family burns wood. We cut the trees down anyway so we may as well use them for something ! I installed a Crown Royal 7400MP last winter and heat my house and farm shop with it. It gobbled around 25 cord of boxelder, poplar and elm last winter !

I've learned a lot from y'all in here so far about everything from chain selection to cutting techniques so thank you for that. I recently acquired a flat top 066 in amazing condition from David Major and have been putting it to work. A big saw in some soft cottonwood is a real fun thing lol

Latest posts

Back