who manufactures the Husky chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The guy logging our property just bought a handful of Husky brand chains..One of the fellers has been using one all morning and says so far it is staying pretty sharp on shagbark hickory.
he paid 15 bucks a piece for the 24 inch bar length.
They were using Oregon chains.. and spending a lot of time filing in the woods.

It Has a sort of safety ramp

has a sort of ramp up to the raker. odd looking chain. and it is a full chisel.

I was wondering the same thing. I have some Husky chain that says h42 on the box? Any idea what kind of oregon chain that is? It came with my Husky 359.

-Mike

I saw the box on a 20 inch chain.

H46
He said the shop gave him a square filed skip chain.. to try.. I am going to swing by and see if I can pick one up myself.. Just so I can look the grind over

Thanks

The chains he had yesterday were for the 24 inch. and a full chisel. I did not even look at the chain today just the box.
But I am going to swing by the store tomorrow and take a gander at that square filed chain they have.

ericjeeper said:
The guy logging our property just bought a handful of Husky brand chains.. ....
They were using Oregon chains.. and spending a lot of time filing in the woods.

There have been reports here before that the Oregon LP chain is made from better quality material, and has better stay-sharpe than the LG, but I hardly believe that is a general rule.....

Latest posts

Back