• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Who rebuilds chainsaws at reasonable prices?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r0858

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Have a few pro-saws needing rebuilding and a little performance moding. Message me or you guys suggest someone. Thanks.

I have wondered this myself. I have a 562xp that I assume needs carb, piston , cylinder and complete rebuild. Not sure it is economical to send off or just buy new. Also have a couple 576xp that are not auto tune in the same shape. All complete saws. I can tinker but complete rebuilds are beyond me at this point.

I have wondered this myself. I have a 562xp that I assume needs carb, piston , cylinder and complete rebuild. Not sure it is economical to send off or just buy new. Also have a couple 576xp that are not auto tune in the same shape. All complete saws. I can tinker but complete rebuilds are beyond me at this point.
If they are complete I think a rebuild would be very reasonable. With shipping you will have some extra money but it's not terrible.

Whats a reasonable price to rebuild a saw? Just labor.

I will say if your not capable of rebuilding a saw yourself and want to get someone else to to it cheap as possible, at least clean the damn thing up for the guy. That needs done before working on a saw and it takes no special talent to do that but does take time.

If someone brings me a saw to work on and its a total mess, I tell them upfront, my hourly rate is double for the time taken to clean it up before I can work on it.

If you decide to not mess with the 576 saws, I would have a interest in them if the price was right.

Id be interested in the 562xp if you're gonna off it depending on condition and price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

20170827_182738.jpg 20170827_182701.jpg what would a fair price be on these? 2 complete 576s, 1 more 576 missing handle bar, recoil and clutch cover. Also a 575 missing clutch cover and has a bent handlebar. I am assuming they all ate bearings as far as conditions. Well used and one or two top covers cracked. One missing muffler bolts

View attachment 598595 View attachment 598596 what would a fair price be on these? 2 complete 576s, 1 more 576 missing handle bar, recoil and clutch cover. Also a 575 missing clutch cover and has a bent handlebar. I am assuming they all ate bearings as far as conditions. Well used and one or two top covers cracked. One missing muffler bolts

I'll just say it like it is, Those saws are worth way more as parts then they are to sell whole as re-builders.

I have been through these models before and they are not cheap to rebuild, no parts for them are inexpensive. They also take time to rebuild from the bare cases up.

I have not checked prices on these lately but from what I done a couple years back, a OEM P/C, bearings, gaskets, etc, etc, etc could come up to $4-$500 in parts alone at retail prices. What do you think someone would charge for labor? I know the minimum I would charge and it would make most stop and think about rebuilding one.

That said, I am only interested because I have yet to run a 576XP and the curiosity to see how they run compared to the 575XP I had is not enough to make me want to pay the going rate for a runner. Besides the fact that these are non Autotune which appeals to me.

So to me those are $50 a piece saws. Like I said, if you wanted to go through the trouble to part them out, you would make lots, lots more.

Whats a reasonable price to rebuild a saw? Just labor.

I will say if your not capable of rebuilding a saw yourself and want to get someone else to to it cheap as possible, at least clean the damn thing up for the guy. That needs done before working on a saw and it takes no special talent to do that but does take time.

If someone brings me a saw to work on and its a total mess, I tell them upfront, my hourly rate is double for the time taken to clean it up before I can work on it.

This

I'll just say it like it is, Those saws are worth way more as parts then they are to sell whole as re-builders.

I have been through these models before and they are not cheap to rebuild, no parts for them are inexpensive. They also take time to rebuild from the bare cases up.

I have not checked prices on these lately but from what I done a couple years back, a OEM P/C, bearings, gaskets, etc, etc, etc could come up to $4-$500 in parts alone at retail prices. What do you think someone would charge for labor? I know the minimum I would charge and it would make most stop and think about rebuilding one.

That said, I am only interested because I have yet to run a 576XP and the curiosity to see how they run compared to the 575XP I had is not enough to make me want to pay the going rate for a runner. Besides the fact that these are non Autotune which appeals to me.

So to me those are $50 a piece saws. Like I said, if you wanted to go through the trouble to part them out, you would make lots, lots more.

This.

Latest posts

Back