Who said spring is here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bout time the tides turned a bit

we've had about 70 farenheit here in the shade, and blazing sunshine. got a little bit burnt and everything. we didnt even really get a winter in the north east of England. was brilliant today, spent the day on my mate's boat

So that's where the global warming is. Send Al Gore back across the pond before his undies get in a bunch again.

Monday I deadwooded a big willow and quit the cleanup early because of the heat. Tuesday I mowed three lawns. Today I spent 4 hrs. behind a snow blower clearing the 16" of Lake Erie that fell in the last couple days. It's great to live in Northeastern Ohio.
Phil

Monday I deadwooded a big willow and quit the cleanup early because of the heat. Tuesday I mowed three lawns. Today I spent 4 hrs. behind a snow blower clearing the 16" of Lake Erie that fell in the last couple days. It's great to live in Northeastern Ohio.
Phil

At least your week wasn't boring!:biggrinbounce2:

Well it's Aprill and I need more dry wood, allready have more than 1/2 of next winters wood cut and split but it is still below 0c here no real winter but a long cold spring I think. But have to go out and cut more dry dead timber oh well I really hate that.. Not! I can use use my saw's more! Hay gotta look at the bright side! I still have to get at least another two full cord of wood cut and split It will dry by Nov that's how dry it is here. Right now I just got off the phone with a buddy who works in the oil gas business and said they have a foot of new snow in my favorite fire wood cutting spot, might have to chain up!

Yesterday I was outside cleaning the area for the new wood shed. It was 50 and sunny. Last night I put the snow blower attachment back on the garden tractor. Today I sitting here watching the snow fly. The trees in the woods are all covered in white and there is an inch on the ground. And the weather report says the storm will hit this afternoon. But the saws are ready to go when spring comes.

The groundhogs are getting a big snootful of snow this morning:laugh: :laugh:

Down to about 400' visibility at ground level here, supposedly 5" on the ground today, I'll have to shlep some wood through the slop if it doesn't melt quickly. Spent a little time this week tossing a truck load of wood in the basement, and filling up the odd-pieces crates on the back porch, with a little stick gathering for kindling to boot.

The groundhogs are getting a big snootful of snow this morning:laugh: :laugh:

Down to about 400' visibility at ground level here, supposedly 5" on the ground today, I'll have to shlep some wood through the slop if it doesn't melt quickly. Spent a little time this week tossing a truck load of wood in the basement, and filling up the odd-pieces crates on the back porch, with a little stick gathering for kindling to boot.
This sucks!!

Welp....

who's stumbled into some good firewood finds after this windstorm on the east coast? I have a couple downed trees (oak) lined up to clear from friend's properties...all thanks to mother nature (although, I swear, if I see one more downed Bradford Pear....). I'll try to get some pics up, but probably not for awhile. Too many things to be done at ground zero (home) next couple weekends.

Let's hear it...post some pics of your exploits, if you got em. Last time I saw this many downed trees was Isabelle.....

Im looking for some to add to my collection.
I went out to check my trail behind the house. It seems that every tree that fell on my property was on my trail. Looks like decking my bridge may come earlier than i wanted so i can get back there and cut the stuff up.

Abused mother nature????/ Please take that crap back to ole Al Gore....its the other way around mother nature is abusing us......watch the discovery channel and find out how long the earth and mother nature have been changing us hint FOREVER!!!!:taped: [/SIZE][/FONT]

I'd say that it's about even. I'll think about your comment the next time that I drive past a factory with pollution billowing out of its stack, or the next time that I'm driving behind a bus in need of a tuneup, or see garbage along the riverside, or see news about an oil spill somewhere. :confused:

Allright...allright....

Lets not turn this into a political thread:cheers:

Its about firewood. I'm in it to get mine. If I can bring my heating bill down to double digits for the winter months, from October thru March, I am one happy camper. I don't mind the sweat it takes to cut, split and stack some good hardwood. Nothing better to me than a stack of neat firewood piled high for the cold season (well...a few things maybe :)) . C'mon...I hope I'm not the only one getting great returns from this recent storm. Post your pics :biggrinbounce2:

I'll have some pics soon.

spring finally is here in upstate NY. It was 70 yesterday, and going to be in the 70's today and tomorrow. Its about freakin time:dizzy:

As long as we have the oak blight around here we don't need storms to have plenty of dead standing wood to cut. But it works out for us wood burners.

Spring, my foot- it feels more like summer...74 today and maybe 80 tomorrow. First chance since the last winter blast to gather wood and we were sweating like 'cold drinks on a hot August nite'. Weather forecast here says next week (much better for firewood kinda activities) will be in the 60's. Trying to get ahead with with wood scavenging for maybe 2+ years' worth. Like the way that ants stockpile. Ya can NEVER have enough wood!

Latest posts

Back