who uses this kind of chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
i found this chain on e-bay for like 13.92 a loop with free shipping and i can't find anything on it no where. can some one shed some light on this kind of chain please.

14" Oregon Craftsman 91VG-52 14" Chainsaw Chain Now The NEW PX STYLE

Misinformed home owners? Every Oregon chain I've seen stretches like silly putty.

Its vanguard and its the worst semi-chisel you can cut with and the rakers are a PITA to file. But thats just my opinion.

oh thanks for the info. i should have asked here before i bought some but i bought 2 loops for my ground saws but i don't use a file for the rackers i use a dremal to take them down a little. but is it easy to dull and is it hard to keep sharp?

It's just so-so chain. I ended up with a loop of it when I bought a new b/c combo for my old 2300cva. It'll work but I wouldn't buy it.

Vanguard is the standard safety chain sold with every new homeowner saw.

If you check the Bailey's forum you'll see they have a free shipping over $50 offer right now.

Bailey's - 14" WoodlandPro Chainsaw Chain Loop

This chain is not safety chain with bumper links like VG and will cut significantly faster. For a rear handle saw used by a cluefull operator on the ground I'd choose this over safety chain.

Latest posts

Back