whole house heat???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the advice on the blower speed control. I tried running the stove blower and the furnace blower at the same time, but it blew cool air. Im giving up on the ducts in the attic and am going to put a couple in the floor. Still confused on the returns, dont know if I should have one central return or a few individual returns through out the house. Good money spent would be a pro!

If you have your woodstove in the basement, fired up and your whole basement is warm, all you need to do is let gravity move the air through your house. Leave the door to your basement open so the heated air will rise up the stairs, and cut in floor registers in each room upstairs. The heat won't rise up through the registers, the cold air in your rooms upstairs will drop down through the registers to your basement and force the heated air upstairs through the doorway to the basement. Have ceiling fans going to keep air moving around upstairs. This will work like a charm. (It is how I heat my place... Cape Cod style house, stove in basement) Put a small strip of tissue paper on the top of the basement doorway and it will flap like a flag in the wind from the heated air rising up the steps. That is how I know stove needs filling, when the strip of tissue slows down.

has anyone ever used the hot water capabilities of the hotblast furnace or one like it? does the 1557 accept a hot water coil?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back