Whole tree chippers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolute2

Absolute2

ArboristSite Lurker
Need to replace my vermeer 1800a this winter with another used whole tree chipper. Looking to spend around 25-30k. So Any suggestions on brand or model? Whats best in terms of hp, durability, torq. I have only ever used vermeer but they seem a little underpowered and not built heavy enough. We do alot of heavy duty chipping so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TRISTATEFORESTRYEQUIPMENT

TRISTATEFORESTRYEQUIPMENT

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Need to replace my vermeer 1800a this winter with another used whole tree chipper. Looking to spend around 25-30k. So Any suggestions on brand or model? Whats best in terms of hp, durability, torq. I have only ever used vermeer but they seem a little underpowered and not built heavy enough. We do alot of heavy duty chipping so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i have a dynamic 510, its rated at a 18" machine, these machine are over built and the best chippers on the market. it has a 190 horse cat engine with a winch. 180 hours. price is 35,000 but i would be happy to trade your 1800a in. 484 905 2292 joe

Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please

ArboristSite Member
Get a Morbark 2400xl with a 200hp John Deere on it. One beast of a chipper. The throat opening is 20" X 30". I have a 2004 model with the 125hp Perkins. It is a little under powered on big logs, but I run a small crew and the extra time that it takes me to run big logs does not out way the extra fuel that the big HP would burn. When running the smaller wood the 125hp has no problem keeping up. All in all I wish I had the 140hp deere. Has more torque.

a_lopa

a_lopa

Overhead downunder
I have a 2004 morbark 18"143hp john deere with winch,the 32" wide infeed is a killer on clean ups.

And having the lift/crush.My crew love it.

Yellowdog

Yellowdog

ArboristSite Operative
look for a used Vermeer BC2000 or Bc2000 xl.

I can chip 20" hardwood and use the loader to assist. It's got a 200 hp cummins and I haven't needed extra power. It's heavy at 12600lbs but it does a lot a work. Not great for short wood unless you push it in with something because the feed table is big but it's been a good chipper for us.

Latest posts