Who's Burning ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Fire.

It is suppose to be in the 40s this week for the evenings, so decided to fire up the Hardy H2. Here is a photo from my CCTV camera.

first2_2008.jpg

Just fired up the Hearthstone for the second time. First burn was this past friday. The Momnlaw was in town and she was chilly. Couldn't stand to pay for heat so we threw a few sticks of ash.

I wait until dec to fire up the Locust. :blob2:

Finally fired up the wood stove on Sunday. The furnace has been kicking on for an hour every morning for the last 2 weeks...just to take the chill off. The temps have finally dropped enough to run the stove on "low" (one piece at a time and the damper half closed).

It's funny how all six dogs have been able to find a spot in the living room. The Chocolate Lab layed in front of the stove staring at the fire for about 20 minutes on Sunday...I think he was hyp-mo-tized!

Started using the fireplace to take off the chill, the livingroom is where most of the action is and there is plenty of deadfall and cutoffs that the kids can pickup to toss in the fire.
They actually do their schoolwork nearby, they love fires as much as I do, and are well aware of the safety needed when one is burning.

Have some willow in there now, just right.

Had the heat on for a few weeks now. It is 19 degrees here right now and the ground is white with heavy frost. Lots of wood cut for this winter.

Fired up my Jotul CB3 for the first time this season today -- yucky cold rain that probably will soon be turning to wet snow; plus lots of wind (which made drafting slower at first). :)

Been burning since Oct. 1 its all fun now but wait till Feb. and i will be looking forward for spring:greenchainsaw:

I have only burned about a half-cord so far this season but last weekend was able to replenish all of it with nearly-seasoned wood after cutting on DNR land!

Just fired up the Hearthstone for the second time. First burn was this past friday. The Momnlaw was in town and she was chilly. Couldn't stand to pay for heat so we threw a few sticks of ash.

I wait until dec to fire up the Locust. :blob2:

It's a good thing my mother in law isn't here now, they are from Arizona they visited this summer and she wore a wool sweater if it was colder than 85 degrees, my house would be like a sauna.:givebeer:

Started the other night, it got down in the mid 30s. I was looking at my records and we usually don't start burning until almost Thanksgiving (I keep a record of how many racks of wood we burn every year, which helps me know how much I need to cut for the future).

i started on and off since oct. love my yukon husky combo furnace. i used the fuel oil for when i am not around. the wife wont go in the dungeon basement.lol:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back