Why are chainsaws so popular?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe if you could put a 660 power head on weed whacker more people would be interested
I ported a weed eater once. It would idle or wide open no in-between. It was awesome for a weed whacker. It was still just a weed whacker.

Chainsaws are a tool used to provide what a man was designed to do. Provide for his family. No fire = no heat, no cooked food, no protection from wild beasts...death. Thousands of years passed with man using less efficient tools for this task.

String trimmers are a tool akin to a woman's make up. Only needed to enhance beauty superficially, thus not essential to maintain life, like fire.

CAD = I ensure that I always have the tools to provide fire.

I don't believe anyone in the history of the world has ever been killed with a string trimmer or as the result of the use thereof? Never been a Texas string trimmer massacre. About the worst string trimmer accident I'm aware of is a thrown rock breaking a window, or perhaps some busted up vinyl siding? Now, put a blade on the end, call it a brush cutter and then we have some potential... At least some gory leg injuries. But alas the humble string trimmer just isn't dangerous enough to garner the attention of a whirring razor sharp chain.

Now, if you organize a string trimmer get together, count me in.

There was almost a string trimmer massacre at my neighbors house a few years back after we came home from the pub. My neighbor decided it was the right time to kill his rooster that had been attacking everyone, and was going to kill it with the string trimmer. lucky for the rooster, the string trimmer would not start.

I don't believe anyone in the history of the world has ever been killed with a string trimmer or as the result of the use thereof? Never been a Texas string trimmer massacre. About the worst string trimmer accident I'm aware of is a thrown rock breaking a window, or perhaps some busted up vinyl siding? Now, put a blade on the end, call it a brush cutter and then we have some potential... At least some gory leg injuries. But alas the humble string trimmer just isn't dangerous enough to garner the attention of a whirring razor sharp chain.

Now, if you organize a string trimmer get together, count me in.

Found one. Search string trimmer death. In chicago a man was beat to death with one. So they can kill.

Okay, I found that story of the death in Chicago.
From the article: A Woodridge man faces first-degree murder charges for allegedly striking his father in the head multiple times with a weed trimmer.

Sounds to me like the string trimmer was used to provide blunt force trauma/death. Sure, it was used as a weapon, but it's not the string trimmers fault or cause of malfunction.

Found one. Search string trimmer death. In chicago a man was beat to death with one. So they can kill.

Okay, I found that story of the death in Chicago.
From the article: A Woodridge man faces first-degree murder charges for allegedly striking his father in the head multiple times with a weed trimmer.

Sounds to me like the string trimmer was used to provide blunt force trauma/death. Sure, it was used as a weapon, but it's not the string trimmers fault or cause of malfunction.

I know. The criteria was "someone killed with a string trimmer" so the story fits. Lol

Well, I stand corrected.. I'm still pretty sure more people have died from scissors or even nail trimmers.

I can cut grass with chainsaw, I doubt that I could fell trees with string trimmer, so chainsaw wins there.

I don't see very big difference between my scythe and string trimmer when cutting grass, there is noticeable difference between my hand saw and chainsaw when making rounds from logs.

You can't really climb to a tree and use string trimmer up there, chainsaw is kind of meant to the job.

Raw power withing reach of your palm, who can resit such thing?

Man deep down wants to be manly. Sitting in a office in a big soft leather chair doesn't give a man any satisfaction. Why do 90% of the 3/4 and one ton diesels run around with only a 12' bumper pull trailer.

I was thinking about a brush cutting get together at my place. It would start with a scotch broom rodeo. I’ve got about 10 acers of old growth scotch broom for felling and bucking.

cool thing is they paid a couple grunts to remove all the old growth scotch broom from my area. place looks way better. they finally got smart and pulled them out of the ground this year. cut them and you have them back full force the next year.

cool thing is they paid a couple grunts to remove all the old growth scotch broom from my area. place looks way better. they finally got smart and pulled them out of the ground this year. cut them and you have them back full force the next year.
How did they pull them? I've heard that they have a substantial root system.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

the smaller ones can be pulled by hand, mid size with a sxs or quad and then the old growth you need a truck. when i do them i just use a long tow strap and wrap it around a few at a time. attach it to the truck hutch and drive away. good production that way lol

Latest posts

Back