why DID I buy an OWB?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds to me like the heat isnt being transfered to the heated space well enough. I live in Mi and fill mine twice a day with dead pine. Its the best thing I ever did. My neigbor fills his house with wood and screws with his stove constantly. Not to mention when i put up a cord of wood it takes me 1/4 of the time it does him cuz it just doesnt need to be that small of pieces.
To each his own but I am not going back.

Ditto.:clap:

puck

sounds like the only thing you didn't reuse was the buried pex tubing outdoors. That is most likely why you were using so much wood with the owb. Poor insulation underground.

Nope, I even used the pex that was originally buried.Never dug it up. I built my garage right where my OWB used to sit. It is as insulated as insulated can get. I did my homework when I first built my house and installed my OWB. I knew that was where most heat loss occured. I won't bore you with how I insulated it but it is insulation overkill for sure.

Latest posts

Back