Why won't it run!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cause you think it does doesn't count.

When I said “you would think” yes all the pieces are there it should run 🙄
I know that they are all there.

Update. The new plug I put in 2days ago that has about 2mins run time has an issue. I put the original back in and it fired right up.

Being an Auto Repair Shop owner for 40yrs. Seen a lot of this many times with new parts.

IT RUNS! (with egg on my face)
This is what made it run-
New Stihl rings, new Stihl fuel hose (as old one did not pass fuel), new Stihl fuel filter (same issue). Used Stihl ignition as old one was intermittent, even with a new plug wire. Switch wiring OK. Replaced master control shaft as there was no fast idle (cam broken off).
Chinese carburetor, cylinder and piston still on motor. Found choke shutter sticking on carb, readjusted.
Never did get the compression over 125, but then you know how I feel about compression gauges on 2 stroke equipment.
Starts 1 to 2 pulls hot, about 3 cold. Power OK in wood.
You can tell the porting is lazy on the cylinder. Not as responsive as a stock 036. Possibly needs to break in.
My opinion of aftermarket parts has not changed. It is now reinforced. JUNK!

New Stihl rings, new Stihl fuel hose (as old one did not pass fuel), new Stihl fuel filter (same issue). Used Stihl ignition as old one was intermittent, even with a new plug wire. Switch wiring OK. Replaced master control shaft as there was no fast idle (cam broken off).
Chinese carburetor, cylinder and piston still on motor. Found choke shutter sticking on carb, readjusted.
Never did get the compression over 125, but then you know how I feel about compression gauges on 2 stroke equipment.
You can tell the porting is lazy on the cylinder. Not as responsive as a stock 036. Possibly needs to break in.
Now stay away from that junk.

Is the cyl a newer Hyway/Meteor, or a $20 Amazon special? Vast difference between those right there.

None of them are as good as OEM.

True that- but if you organise a race, there will always be a winner, then a close second and third- but then there will be one or two that pay the entry fee that never bother to show up race day.
That there is the difference.

True that- but if you organise a race, there will always be a winner, then a close second and third- but then there will be one or two that pay the entry fee that never bother to show up race day.
That there is the difference.
In this case they aren't close. Port timings are never the same as OEM, port chambers suck, etc.

Latest posts

Back