"wicked work saw" 385xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not at the shop and just shooting from the hip but I think the intial timing numbers are about 170ish ex 150ish in about 25* blowdown . when im done its about 160 intake 161 exhaust 22* blowdown and ignition timing advanced 1/3 of the key
Thank you much Terry. I'm trying to learn the degree wheel method of port changes, as opposed to the shooting from the hip method I've been using. I noticed that your durations are smaller than stock, wouldn't that make more power at a lower rpm than the stock timing?

this cylinder is an oem 385 cylinder made by mahle.

That means you really 'shorted' yourself in your itemized list earlier in the thread. You do need Gary to do your books for you here.:D

You listed $755 (between the saw and parts) and didn't list that NOS 385 jug. That couldn't have been too cheap.

Looking forward to seeing the video of this sweet saw in wood.:popcorn:

the cylinder wasn't brand new. if I remember correctly it was a low hr straight gassed cylinder that I cleaned up. it was unharmed by the transfer . I then put a new meteor piston in it.

Ok, help the carb idiot out here. If your saws carb is easily capable of putting way too much mix into the cylinder, how does modifying the carb to flow more fuel make more power? My assumption is the carb mod allows more airflow as well, but that's the best I can figure. Thx boys

Latest posts

Back