Wierd MS261 Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The company has a 3 week old MS261 that has a strange problem. The bars nuts keep loosening up and the clutch cover falls off. This happened 4 times in a couple of hours. I took the saw out of service and sent it to the shop. Fortunately a Stihl rep was in the shop when the guy brought the saw in and he is sending us new bar studs and new captive nuts. This saw runs hard all day long alongside a year old MS261 and a 2 year old MS260 and a year old MS362 all run by various employees. Aynone else having this problem? Anyone running a Stihl MS261 40 hours a week?

The company has a 3 week old MS261 that has a strange problem. The bars nuts keep loosening up and the clutch cover falls off. This happened 4 times in a couple of hours. I took the saw out of service and sent it to the shop. Fortunately a Stihl rep was in the shop when the guy brought the saw in and he is sending us new bar studs and new captive nuts. This saw runs hard all day long alongside a year old MS261 and a 2 year old MS260 and a year old MS362 all run by various employees. Aynone else having this problem? Anyone running a Stihl MS261 40 hours a week?

wasnt too big of a fan of the captive nuts myself when i had the saw. you can use the clutch cover off a 361/362/441 on the 261 with old fashion bar nuts if the new set still does the same thing.

Back