Will Husqvarna replace the 346XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard by a rep that it was supposedly the last year in Canada for the 346.To be replaced by a new generation.Too bad.It seems what we know now will be replaced "soon" for cleaner ones by 4xx and 5xx series.

I've yet to hear anything on the 346.

But I'm afraid that at some point, just about everything is going to have to be replaced. It could be that we are living in what we will be calling the "good ole days" of the real 2-cycle saws.

i just went on baileys to get a new 372 and they told me the are all out. cant find one here in yonkers NY. the 575 is 1.5 pounds heavier with only 0.2 more hp i don't get it. everyone on this site talks about the dolmar 7900 thinking about it but the guys i work with tell me you buy that saw and you wont be able to get parts for it and its not a tough on the job everyday saw. the 372 is proven to me on the job that its tough and kicks ass. but on paper the dolmar looks like a corvette

sal b said:
i just went on baileys to get a new 372 and they told me the are all out. cant find one here in yonkers NY. the 575 is 1.5 pounds heavier with only 0.2 more hp i don't get it. everyone on this site talks about the dolmar 7900 thinking about it but the guys i work with tell me you buy that saw and you wont be able to get parts for it and its not a tough on the job everyday saw. the 372 is proven to me on the job that its tough and kicks ass. but on paper the dolmar looks like a corvette

With either the 372 or the 7900 you can't go wrong!!! ;)

If it is replaced, let us hope that it is with a "352xp" or something like that (to :buttkick: the PS5000/5100), and not a new generation......

SawTroll said:
If it is replaced, let us hope that it is with a "352xp" or something like that (to :buttkick: the PS5000/5100), and not a new generation......
I agree with you, Troll. I really liked the older 154/254 saws.

seems to be true

I talked to my local dealer here at my place, and he told me that the 346 XP was the least sold pro saw from the Husky range at the moment, because there seems to be very low demand for a pro saw under 50 cc in general.

He indeed confirmed that it is going to be replaced in 2006, the info was supposed to come from E'lux Belgium.
So it looks as you're right.
Roland

These rumors only serve the cause of undermining my ability to resist the almost overwhelming urges to run right out and buy one. :blob2: (is that a bad thing? :confused: :cry: )

Latest posts

Back