Will this work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinjem

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
attachment.php

I'm thinking of hooking up my shed to the return line from the outside wood boiler.
Was wondering if anyone else has done this?
I had a corn boiler in there before that heated the shed and the house so when I sold the corn boiler and installed a outdoor wood boiler I hooked up to the old lines.
With the corn burner in the shed it keep warm enough.I poured a concrete floor with 1/2 pex in the shed last fall but didnt get it hooked up.

The only comment I have is I cannot understand how you got your solder joints hot enough to flow the solder without burning those labels off the fittings.
Did you apply heat to both the fitting and the pipe when you soldered those joints??

t think you may have to replace the supply tee the one to the left with a ventura copper tee to help direct some of the flow into that zone, also you need a purge station on the return for that zone

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong about this , the corn burner was in the shed. The OWB you installed is outside, not in the shed.
AND
I'm guessing your pump is wired to run 24/7, not just when there is a call for heat ?

------Those details seem to be missing from your description and pictures-----​

If it is on the return line from the house, the water won't be as hot to start with. Tee-ing off the return line is only going to get part of the return water to the HX in the shed. The shed 'furnace' may struggle to keep the shed temperatuire up at times.

I'd plumb the return line directly into the shed's HX, to utilize more of the available heat from the return line. Then wire the shed blower up to a thermostat. Maybe even tie the power for the blower into the lights so it only heats when you are out there with the lights on.

Not exactly understanding what you are doing with that plumbing. But yes it should work fine for Heating the slab as you really only need about 100°
But if the shed has much size to it.. It will suck all remaining heat out of that return.
My house is radiant on a slab.When the garage and the great room call for heat. 25x40 and 22x40. They will just flat suck the life out of the boiler.But you have to figure they might call for heat an hour or two a day and then no more til the next day.

This is the installed picture.
don't know if it work yet still have a leak I cant get to stop.
The lines on the left are the old corn burner that run to this house,the lines on the right goes to the new outdoor boiler.
the part of the shed I'm trying to heat on the return line is 10 by 12

I does work above 40 degree but when it gets colder out it cant heat the shed above 66 and is circulating all the time.

Would it be better to replace the zone valve with a 3 way zone valve?

Latest posts

Back