Windsor chainsaw Bar. Where is their website ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adminfti

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Duh ! I cant find the Windsor website.. ?

How that ?

Just want to look at a bar selector and partsnumber... Nothing

Someone know their website ?

I suspect what remains of Windsor (bar production) was sort of "eaten" by Carlton after Blount bought both companies (they already owned Oregon)?

I suspect what remains of Windsor (bar production) was sort of "eaten" by Carlton after Blount bought both companies (they already owned Oregon)?

I don't know if they own Oregon but i'm on the case... I'm searching...

Windsor was known for making quality bars that were a bit lighter than Oregon and Stihl. They had a following. Then Blount just crapped all over themselves and Windsor and looked at us and smiled like a 3-year-old child. Thank you, Blount.

Notise that Windsor is no longer on their list of brands - meaning that the brand name is no longer in use.

Windsor was known for making quality bars that were a bit lighter than Oregon and Stihl. They had a following. Then Blount just crapped all over themselves and Windsor and looked at us and smiled like a 3-year-old child. Thank you, Blount.

I would think its a mistake to stop using the Windsor name and rename their bars Carlton. Windsor has always had a very good reputation with their bars. Doesn't make sense to me...

I would think its a mistake to stop using the Windsor name and rename their bars Carlton. Windsor has always had a very good reputation with their bars. Doesn't make sense to me...

I totally agree, but that doesn't really help. At least the Speed-Tip bars are still around, although they looked better in Windsor dress....

I agree, but............Windsor had a name in bars; Carlton in chain. Neither was strong in both as is Oregon, so one had to go. Niko is right about the bars looking way better in the Windsor colors, but Carlton had the stronger of the two brand names. Guys that liked the Windsor bars have no problem once it's explained, and they all lose the paint after a while anyway. But I kept a couple of the actual Windsors for myself. :msp_sneaky:

I agree, but............Windsor had a name in bars; Carlton in chain. Neither was strong in both as is Oregon, so one had to go. Niko is right about the bars looking way better in the Windsor colors, but Carlton had the stronger of the two brand names. Guys that liked the Windsor bars have no problem once it's explained, and they all lose the paint after a while anyway. But I kept a couple of the actual Windsors for myself. :msp_sneaky:

Never heard of Carlton until I saw it on Baileys... Had a Windsor bar for years.

large.jpg

Just ordered a Windsor labeled bar for my Dolmar 3410T. I was up in a top yesterday and remembered I hadn't greased the sprocket lately. That was only minutes before the tip grenaded.:cry:

I ordered a Windsor since I couldn't find any other replacement bar that gave me the exact numbers on my bar. It appears to be an exact match. Although it was a little more expensive than the Oregon bar that was probably the right one I went ahead and coughed up the extra $ to be sure.

Never heard of Carlton until I saw it on Baileys... Had a Windsor bar for years.

large.jpg

The brand recognition thing (between Windsor and Carlton) varied greatly between different markets. The Windsor brand name was "kept alive" at least in parts of Europe, well after they stopped using it in the US. The products were rebranded Oregon (or maybe KOX, a Belgian brand owned by Blount) though - at least that's what I was told a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back