winter water heating

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hot water heaters can hold a bit of pressure, seen that on mythbusters. they had to get the pressure up to over 300 before it launched about 200ft in the air. blew the shed type shack to pieces.

My old Glenwood C cookstove has the provision for a water tank that hangs onto the side of the stove (uses the same hangers as the piece of shelving you take off too mount the tank. It hangs right next too the oven (far side from the firebox )where exhaust is convecting around the oven. That's what they used back in the day. I don't have the tank but you can find them. I always have a few good sized kettles on it all day though for doing dishes, tea, and just getting some moisture into the air.

I also have a lobster pot on there that's boiling down maple sap. Time it's done I'll get maybe 2 gallons of syrup. Usually put it up in pints as a part of the next years Christmas baskets or whatever. :cheers: :cheers:

Back