Wish I knew what saw he was using.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Audiano

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My lovely red-headed bride managed to snag this shot on our way home from a lunch date today. I was laughing my butt off,she thought it was "adaptive re-use" of a wore out old Chrysler product.The two large logs were 18"-24" across by 6'-7' long.The front tires looked to barely touch the ground.
Back window busted clean out.

Just outside Toledo,Ohio.

WoodHaulingFool.jpg

Hey, free wood is free wood. LOL !
I shouldn't laugh. I had my Ford Exploder loaded to the ceiling with scrounged hophornbeam. Man, is that stuff heavy. I couldn't go more than 15 mph for fear the rear end was gonna collapse.

If the person driving put those chunks in by them self I dont think I give them to much crap. See you are from Oak Harbor, I live near Green Springs.

Even though that car is heavily loaded it is still drivable, barely. I once saw an old Rambler stationwagon up on a old back gravel road loaded so heavily with green hardwood the rear bumper caught up on a 3" high ridge in the road. The driver had spun the tires until they were dug in 3-4" into the gravel and mud, the car was abandoned and I did not see the driver in the next 5-6 miles where I turned off up into the lot where we were cutting that day. The car was gone upon my way back that evening. I am sure they had more wood in that wagon than what my 3/4 ton 4X4 would hold in the factory long box.
Pioneerguy600

If he could wrestle them in or out of that car by himself,no way I'd wanna tangle with him. :dizzy:

Yeah,live over here in God's Country. Men are men,and sheep and cattle are scared. Willies get's too much of my money.

GIT-R-DONE
work with what ya got
that may be keeping a family warm for a week or two

A Plymouth Horizon America full of wood, eh?
I never tried that. I had heavy duty Mopar shocks and 750lb aftermarket overload springs in the back of mine, it handled my 700lb toolbox just fine but I never put more than that in it.

The Chevy Citation (also a 5 door) that preceded it made a decent substitute for a 1/2 ton pickup, even with 180,000 miles on the original F41 suspension. Tons of room inside, the back seat laid dead flat after you tipped up the seat bottom, got 38mpg commuting to work. I actually miss that thing, even though it was a worn out heap with 145k on the clock when I bought it in 1985.

Back