wisteria

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivahrat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
planning on transplanting (if possible) some wisteria to a pine row in front of my house. what is a good way to go about transplanting? can i just cut a section of one of the vines and get it to root? i need help with this one.

prune it back to stubby roots and 3-4 buds on stem. Use metal pipes for support; will crush anything else. Do NOT plant where it will escape; this is a tree-strangling demon! I can't understand why 2 weeks of flower is worth the high mtc--biweekly pruning to keep it controlled, remove seed pods before they mature.

Kudzu has a nice flower too; prettier leaves, more fragrant. But your trees and your neighbors will hate you if you let a weedy vine escape.

rivahrat said:
the upkeep sucks but its out of my hands
Hmmm sounds like a honey-do kind of thing. Maybe you can buy her some Felcos for her birthday. :eek:

rivahrat said:
well dont have any neighbors so... but yeah the upkeep sucks but its out of my hands

It would be a real shame if it got hit with the dreaded Witeria Blight (Roundup), but you didn't hear that from me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back