Woes: Tell about your pain thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:msp_mad: Had a wisdom tooth pulled on thursday. Wife says the tooth wasn't doing me no good anyhow :msp_ohmy::msp_mad:.. Everyone said they don't hurt much.. I find out later they all lied.. Its still hurting big time. I been shot and stabbed.. Those hurt less.. Trusting fewer and fewer people..

An xray of my back. I walked into the surgeons office Oct 2009. After looking at my MRI and xrays he said he was surprised I was able to walk without somekind of assistance. I felt perfectly fine at the time and I told him he should have saw me a month earlier and his statement would have been correct. But the waiting period to see a surgeon was a couple of months. He showed me the xray and I plainly said, "sorry DR, I just dont see anything on the xray that looks out of the ordinary". Judge for yourselves guys, do see anything wrong with the picture below? My back hasnt given me any trouble since the DR's visit. I knew he was wrong.

:msp_mad: Had a wisdom tooth pulled on thursday. Wife says the tooth wasn't doing me no good anyhow :msp_ohmy::msp_mad:.. Everyone said they don't hurt much.. I find out later they all lied.. Its still hurting big time. I been shot and stabbed.. Those hurt less.. Trusting fewer and fewer people..

Had my wisdom tooth out about two months ago. I asked the dentist if I'd have to be off for the week. Both him and the surgeon said basically after two days maybe three I'd be fine. Well I was on pain killers for two weeks. I would wake up in the middle of the night when they would wear off from the pain. Terrible pain. When I went back to the surgeon to ask about the pain he asked what did you expect? I said this is what I expected until you told me it wouldn't be like this. Oh well.

An xray of my back. I walked into the surgeons office Oct 2009. After looking at my MRI and xrays he said he was surprised I was able to walk without somekind of assistance. I felt perfectly fine at the time and I told him he should have saw me a month earlier and his statement would have been correct. But the waiting period to see a surgeon was a couple of months. He showed me the xray and I plainly said, "sorry DR, I just dont see anything on the xray that looks out of the ordinary". Judge for yourselves guys, do see anything wrong with the picture below? My back hasnt given me any trouble since the DR's visit. I knew he was wrong.

Now that you ask, it looks fine to me. Where should I send my bill?:eek:uttahere2:

Just found out on Friday that I have severe burctis on my right shoulder ( kinda like water on the knee its between the muscle and the top of my shoulder and in thte joint it self). Not alot of fun also my dominate hand/arm doctor wants to do phyiscal therorpy dont know what good that will do it already hurts to move it. Ok so lets move it alot more.. Not so much

I'm at the point in my life that this week one body part hurts like crazy for a week or so, after that heals up another body part starts hurting for a week or so, then that heals up and yet another body part starts hurting for a week or so, etc. I think this is what is called "Old Timers Life Cycle". :)

Last year I had a locust thorn in my leg for about two weeks. Thought it just stabbed me and pulled out...stayed kinda tender and red until i bumped it on a table at just the right angle. Hole opened up and started to bleed slightly with the end barely poking out. Surgery with the leatherman pliers resulted in a spear almost an inch long.

Earlier this summer I decided to touch up the edge of my older Fiskars. had it looking like new and coulda shaved with it. Tested it out on a few rounds and then got called away by the wife to attend to some large purchase she needed carried in. I was sufficiently distracted to the point that it wasn't until after I had cleaned up for the day and it was dark that I remembered I had left the axe out at the splitting arena. Wandered out in the dark wearing shorts and sandals to get it. Since it was dark I couldn't exactly see it and bumped it off the chopping block. Of course it tips over (the cloud cover parts and I can see the orange handle end rotating slowly in dramatic horror movie fashion), falls the 14" height of the block right onto the top of my foot, business side to meat.

Currently, Im pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my right foot. Dr. is gonna tell me to stay off it or put me in a walking boot. Trying to postpone and deal until there is sufficient snow cover to allow for maximum punishment for the couch!

So now we're supposed to complain about aches and pains? Like it's a big deal?? Well, I can't stoop that low.

No, really, I can't stoop that low. It's left over damage from a herniated disc. My right leg was cramped from my toe to my hip and it lasted from a week before Christmas until April. By the time I had surgery I had about 2-3 hours during the day when I could move around and after that I just argued it out with the pain. Of course I never stopped working until the Dr told me I was done so that didn't help. And then I kept doing work around the house which didn't help.

20+ years on concrete floors and bent over hoods and carrying heavy stuff and smashing fingers and hands and being blinded by welding flash or torches and working with air leaks &etc are taking their toll. Tinnitis, hearing loss, eyes sore on sunny days, hips start to hurt at random times, knees ache, pinky of right hand gets ice cold at 40 degrees, tennis elbow in both arms from using hammers and holding air tools, and I've still got to work on hot engines and lay on cold parking lots and pull 1 ton truck wheels and rear drums several times a day with no equipment to help.

So on a scale of pain from 1 - 10? Doesn't matter. I'm not bitsin 'cause there's a lot of people who have it worse than me. In fact I'm thinking of running again so I have energy to keep up with my 2 yr old boy. Either that, or I'll just run to the next county and leave the wife to deal with 'im. :) Right now I'm heading out to see if I can't drop a 20' 6X6 beam on myself from 12' up. I checked with Gravity and was told "Most likely, yes."

Had two wisdom teeth pulled in the morning several years back. Took a pain killer and drilled 40 acres of soybeans that afternoon. Worst part was washing out the botttom one with warm water when food got in there.

It's your fault, LB...

In loading and unloading quarter cord today I managed to smash the thumb on one hand, pinky on the other, and a stub on a log tore my shirt and gave me an abrasion across the stomach.

Complaint department!

Been sick with a sinus infection/bronchitis virus thing since about 2 weeks ago; just finished up the last antibiotic round today. Feel better than I did, but this just hangs on and DRAINS you of energy and you get those crazy coughing fits, especially at night. Felt so bad when I went to the doc on Black Friday was half-thinking I had pneumonia and would end up in the hospital, it nailed me that hard and fast. Woman at work had it and said it took 3 weeks to get over so I still have aways to go I guess.

Question from people: "What'd ya get for your birthday (11/26)?"
Answer: "sick"!!

I'm sick of being sick!!!

Okay, rant over...NEXT!!!

Told you guys in another post about braking a rib, falling off parked tractor , its been 3 weeks and things are getting pretty good , I can do most jobs now , back to feeding owb , but haven't tried running a saw yet , sleeping is still a sore subject if you get my drift !!!

I have a couple of OWIES Im getting over right now.

Almost lost the big toe and the piggy that stayed home back in June. Chronic Erector and Rhomboid muscle inflamation haunts me.

But then again, I can always get sopme releif when I get to soak it in cider.....

There will be no pics, you'll just have to take my word for it.

attachment.php

Got that one while stripping wire in an electrical panel. Knife slipped, went right through my glove, too, darn it all. I let out a howl, I can tell you!

View attachment 209813

ouch!

knew what made that cut as soon as I seen it......been there for a few t shirts myself

In my younger days I spent ~5-6 as a prof. rodeo clown:rock: LOVED every min. of and still wish I could still do it today but knees are shot:msp_unsure:, had several broken fingers, ribs, tib/fib, but I think my worse one came while working the Texas High school finals, took a horn through my left forearm and into my rib cage, luckly no real damage to my arm, ended up with 2 broken ribs and a hole in the bottom of my lung:eek2:, was working my next rodeo 2mths later:rock:

Roy

I got a kid in college, 3 more heading there. Do the math $400k. I've got a 15 year old daughter that complains about everything. I've got a 13 year old son that has made it his mission to be the most uncoordinated being on earth. I've got a 13 year old daughter (yeah twins...) who is 6 feet tall and weighs 175 pounds and thinks she is a freak of nature. Any physical pain would just be a side story. But it's my family, we all love each other, we sit down to meals together, we laugh, we cry, we want to kill each other, what more could you ask for? Oh yea, we all help getting in the wood to heat our home. Life is good! :msp_thumbsup:

broken ribs x 2
fractured neck
broken foot
broken thumb
broken pinky
back surgery
knee surgery x 2
blood clot surgery

All the injuries are just kid stuff compared to life in general! Carpe Diem!!

Been sick with a sinus infection/bronchitis virus thing since about 2 weeks ago; ... just hangs... DRAINS you of energy... crazy coughing fits, especially at night. ...half-thinking I had pneumonia... I'm sick of being sick!!!

Same here, damn horrible stuff... seventeen days of that crap and I'm just starting to feel a bit better.
First week of it wasn't too bad... was able to function... BUT!
Missed all last week of work... that's correct... ALL of last week! I can't remember ever in my life missing more than two days of work because I was sick... and then only 'cause of pukin' and shatin'.
Couldn't lay down to sleep 'cause the lungs would fill up... slept sittin' in a chair all last week.
Last night was the first time I could get more than a hour sleep without waking up coughing... actually got 4 solid hours.
I've coughed so much, and so hard, that I'm thinking I cracked a rib in my back... man, does it ever hurt... and my gut muscles hurt like I did 10,000 sit-ups yesterday.
Comes with a headache that will darn near make ya' blind at times... made even worse by the total lack of sleep.
I haven't even stepped out the door in 10 days... and went 3 days last week without eating, a shower or even getting dressed...
I've tried around 2 dozen different "cold & flue" medicines that the wife has brought home... even tried mixing the stuff... and nothing works... NOTHING! (although, 4-6 ounces of whiskey will make you think you feel better for about half an hour)

Hope ya' feel better soon!

Same here, damn horrible stuff... seventeen days of that crap and I'm just starting to feel a bit better.
First week of it wasn't too bad... was able to function... BUT!
Missed all last week of work... that's correct... ALL of last week! I can't remember ever in my life missing more than two days of work because I was sick... and then only 'cause of pukin' and shatin'.
Couldn't lay down to sleep 'cause the lungs would fill up... slept sittin' in a chair all last week.
Last night was the first time I could get more than a hour sleep without waking up coughing... actually got 4 solid hours.
I've coughed so much, and so hard, that I'm thinking I cracked a rib in my back... man, does it ever hurt... and my gut muscles hurt like I did 10,000 sit-ups yesterday.
Comes with a headache that will darn near make ya' blind at times... made even worse by the total lack of sleep.
I haven't even stepped out the door in 10 days... and went 3 days last week without eating, a shower or even getting dressed...
I've tried around 2 dozen different "cold & flue" medicines that the wife has brought home... even tried mixing the stuff... and nothing works... NOTHING! (although, 4-6 ounces of whiskey will make you think you feel better for about half an hour)

Hope ya' feel better soon!

Wow, you have the same thing as we do here halfway across the country! Yes, this thing is a monster-you don't quite know if you have bronchitis, pneumonia, a virus, the flu, SARS or what but all you know is that you feel like dog****....it is so very draining and you feel like you'll never get rid of it. I hope that this isn't a "preview" of what the whole Winter will be like 'cause if it is you may find some of us in our box of bones-one of these things will kill us if they keep getting stronger.

I thought that I got hammered because I was pretty run down physically, especially after our freak Halloween storm, but others that weren't doing anything physical have it too. I have been trying to rest after work, am taking vitamins/herbal remedies etc. along with some traditional medicine, and got off of the anitbiotics after what amounted to 13 days. I'm hoping that I start to feel better OFF of them as they do good and bad to your system-we'll see.

Hope you get over it soon-and you guys that don't have it DON'T GET IT-IT'S A MONSTER VIRUS THAT'LL FLATTEN YOU!!!:msp_mad::eek2:

.....what you ask for.

Whew. This thread should have been: "Be careful what you ask for." ( Yes, you fellow P.H.D. types--don't end with a prep ! ).

With all the short term whining here, this bright bulb thought to make a tongue-in-cheek. Kind of like a funny . :msp_ohmy: What did I get: literal whines.

Damn we got some whinies on board. SWMBO tells me I've got foot-in-mouth.

Back to the drawing board. Hold the "likes" boys and girls.

Please: no more. Enough. Basta ! Sniffles, a few stitches, aches, groans, legal pleas for advice ( HERE !!!??? ), age-related normal creaks, etc...... Next thing will be sexual problems relating to saws, firewood, and more wood .:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back