Wonderful!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heat wave has broken. Been working a sort of 'hoot owl' for a month, leave at 5, come in about 10 when it gets too warm. Today? Left at 7 with not much planned except to pick up a small load I left Friday and retrieve a snatch block I left lay on a stump. Home, unloaded, moved some wood around the wood piles, generally enjoying temps that didn't raise a sweat by just moving.

High for today looks like about 84. Sun sure is getting up a bunch later than it used to. Doesn't clear the canyon rim until about 8 am now.

Harry K

It's been really nice temps, and dry, over here on the other side of the country. I'm just coming in from splitting, nice cool breeze, enjoyable actually.

The high today is 65 here in the upper mid-west with lows around 50. It's looking like that or a bit warmer through-out the week. Wearing a sweatshirt in July kind of sucks, but it sure beats 95 and humid like the past few weeks.

Hot and humid here. Not hot like last year with over 100 temps, but hot enough that sweat doing anything is a given.

For wood, just splitting some nasty elm and sweetgum (was gonna noodle, changed my mind, I am busting them puppies up..sport!), and restacking some leftovers from last winter to make space to fell a tree.

And regular farm chores, today, mid summer weed control, did 200 gallons 2,4-d this afternoon.

Long pants, chaps and a sweatshirt were not too bad working on a small pine this morning for a friend, then it was shorts and a T-shirt at the gun club for the afternoon when the sun came out. It's back down to 50 now, I need to go see what I'm gonna cut up next, might get a couple trips to the woods in early in the day before work this week.

Harry, you sure do a fine job of making me feel like a slouch. It's not been anything close to productive this summer in the firewood dept. for me.

Long pants, chaps and a sweatshirt were not too bad working on a small pine this morning for a friend, then it was shorts and a T-shirt at the gun club for the afternoon when the sun came out. It's back down to 50 now, I need to go see what I'm gonna cut up next, might get a couple trips to the woods in early in the day before work this week.

Harry, you sure do a fine job of making me feel like a slouch. It's not been anything close to productive this summer in the firewood dept. for me.

Can't say that I have been very productive. Active? Yes, productive? No. Was taking me 3 to 4 trips to bring in enough wood to be called a decent load. Snaking trees out of a mini canyon with an F150 2x uses up a lot of time...not to mention making short cables out of long ones :).

Harry K

I heard the R word on the radio this morning. Since it covers Idaho and Oregon in addition to our fair state, I'm not sure where the R was intended. I've got firewood scattered about and will have to get to tarping if I really heard the R word.

Back