Was in need of a good loader tractor.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice tractor. I stopped by our Kubota dealer the other day. I want a little BX series with a loader and grass catcher. I've used my BIL's and it drives right on my dump trailer. I bought a 52" walk behind back in the spring and figured I'd mow two or three lawns for hunting and fishing money. Now, some how, I've got 7 lawns, two of which are 2 acre lawns. The walk behind can knock them out no problem, but I bag my grass and leaves as part of my service, and the Grass Gobbler on the walk behind needs emptying too often with leaves on the ground. The bagger on the Kubota holds 9 bushels. So, the BX with loader and catcher is $16,000, or $300 a month with zero % financing. I'm making about $300 a week so the mowing would pay for the tractor, but that means I'd have to keep mowing for 5 more years! I do have a Massey 135 with 6' bush hog, but I don't have a trailer big enough to transport it, Joe.

Buy a finish mower for the 135 and trailer to transport it.

Yes you would need mulching blades.

:D Al

Unless you need a front loader I would get a Z turn. I have one and a lawn that used to take 4 + hours to mow I now do in just a bit less than two hours. Could cut that down some if it were not for the roots of pine trees.

I have an L3600 and absolutely love it. I might suggest one other modification...add a couple LED lights forward facing and rear facing if you do any work at dusk or after dark. Best addition I made to mine for about 100 bucks light bar facing back, and two separate lights facing forward.
Do you have forks? Never had them with my old tractor but I find that they spend more time on than my bucket.

Pop could never persuade his banker. She passed away 2 days before their 50th. Cancer sucks. Got this new for not much more than well used green ones. 100hp. Make hay.
835f06072f6e253a71b9fc9acb7761d8.jpg
e082b4dec35eb5e4bc41118ad1fd4afd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

What model is that one?

We’ve always been Deere here, but there was no comparison.
b82065003fc9cffaff23f7ff9884cb9f.jpg

We had a storm Saturday evening, the tool box was dry inside. there was watewr standing in the dip where the handle stores, so musty be water tight.

I added a Massey Harris cast center to rear wheels I believe 350 pounds to the 3 PT hitch draw bar. Now that made a huge difference in going down hill and no need for the PUCKER PINCH on the seat.

Sorry haven't been on in awhile Yooper...yes both on separate switches a rocker switch for front and back. I want to say the two forward facing are 12w...rear facing light bar 24w. I will try and get a couple pictures.

What model is that one?

We’ve always been Deere here, but there was no comparison.
b82065003fc9cffaff23f7ff9884cb9f.jpg
M9960 with shuttle shift and side exhaust options. 84" bucket 3000# lift, 12 1/2 ft lift good for stacking round bales in barn. Nice outfit. Need to get a grapple bucket.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back