wood boiler brand questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leon

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Greetings fellow board members,

As I have not made a decision about an outdoor boiler to replace the

29 year old wood and coal boiler in the house let alone win the lottery,

I was wondering if any of you have the Freedom outdoor water stove and

what you think of them after owning them for awhile?

I can live with a very large amount warm water-140-160 degree water to heat the home as the

very old house it is a seive as far as heat holding is concerned and I would rather keep a hot small

fire going and warming/heating 525 gallons ( I only have 37 gallons of water to heat with now)

and planned on having the firebox half filled with firebrick as heat sink as it is paired with Buderous oil

burner(the old wood coal boiler is half filled with fire brick and its proven to me that I was right about the fire

brick saving wood and coal and burning hotter as well.

In this way I can keep a small fire going and heating the fire brick and the 525 gallons of water at a

lower temp and raise it as the weather requires it. I will not be burning much fuel oil this year as my

budget payments were $400.00 a month to settle my 2010-11 heating season

account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure the pallet plus of of fire brick and the channel iron to pass over the coal grates is worth the cost

for saving K-1 fuel and as I will have 25+ full cord by the time am finished moving fire wood I will have

plenty of wood and the fire brick will save me lots of fuel wood too.

leon:rock::msp_thumbup::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back