Wood boiler out of service since 11/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deutzman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I purchased a used Central Boiler back in Nov. It was in service the day I picked it up. The owner drained the water and we loaded it up and I brought it home.

Was to far in to the heating season for me to try and get it installed this past winter. My question, is there anything I need to do to the water tank before I hook this thing up? I will flush it out with fresh water right before I make the final connections and fill for usage plus the normal additives to the water.

Just looking for some good advice and would be good to hear from anyone that has done a hook up to a used unit that has been sitting for a while.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it was empty so it should be fine. When I bought a used Taylor last fall the company said it is best to keep them full of water with additive so corrosion can't get started.

I chose to get it going in the fall/early winter. But I doubt that one winter will hurt yours much.

gg

Thanks to all for the replies.

Got the underground pipe in and hope to get the CB set mid next week. It may be June before I get water in it. Doing the work when time allows. Didn't figure there was anything that needed or could be done at this point. Guess I'll see when it gets flushed what's in there. Again thanks.

Latest posts

Back