wood doctor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I believe they are the same company as Pacific Western. I used to have a PW outdoor wood furnace. i worked well but absolutely ate the wood. PW changed hands about 3 years ago however.

I dont think they are....Cuz I know PW dont have boiler plate in them. PW has many names and many dealers its an scame.

I will find out.

Not saying that Jack and KTM are wrong but I was at a show in January and swear I saw a Pacific Western on display? They do have a flakey history, did not know that it was the same as a Wooddoctor. There are two of those running near me but I dont know much about them, they are about three years old.

upon further review I think Jack is correct. I was thinking about when I ordered my PW 6 years ago I would have swore they had a little gasifiying unit that went outside and they called it the wood doctor. It was VERY expensive and I have not seen them on the net or anywhere for quite some time. I think when PW was sold they got rid of that unit most likely.

MY pacific Western was a VERY nice unit. It did not smoke at all and was very efficient( that's why there was no smoke) as far as a complete burn goes. It had a firetube inside it that surrounded the firebox and had small air holes all the way around it and the combustion air was blown through that tube and on the fire from all directions. it worked very well. It just ate the wood like you would not believe.

Pacific Western

PW stoves are built locally, I believe the company was bought out and moved here +/- 5 years ago. The parent company is a big machine shop/fabricating outfit, I've only heard good about them, a very reputable bunch AFAIK. I hear the previous owner(s) of PW didn't help the brand much. I visited the factory about a year and a half ago, I would have bought from them but I'm too cheap and bought a used "in need of a few repairs" stove instead. But THAT is another story...

Bernie

As I know about PW is that in the recent 2 years or so that they been putting other names on the same stove..I could find out. The freedom stoves I thought was an PW If I was at home I have alot of info on those stoves.
But I know wood doctor is a boiler plate unit, should work well but read the warrenty before buying.

Jack

Sorry to say!

Wood Doctors are made in Nova Scotia, Canada.
They are for sale on ebay.

I have a Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wood Doctor!

My first one corroded through within 2 heating seasons and the second replacement furnace rotted out within the next three heating seasons!!

:jawdrop:

Did you ever hear of stainless steel like this! :censored:

I have a Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wood Doctor!

My first one corroded through within 2 heating seasons and the second replacement furnace rotted out within the next three heating seasons!!

:jawdrop:

Did you ever hear of stainless steel like this! :censored:

Did you use any corrosion inibitor and/or check it every once in a while? Was it from the inside or the outside the problem. I'm on my 6th year now and have still yet to add any water.

Want to buy a Heavy Duty OWB - LOL

Did you use any corrosion inibitor and/or check it every once in a while? Was it from the inside or the outside the problem. I'm on my 6th year now and have still yet to add any water.

Hey,

I'm doing everything by the book Plus some - boiler treatment, Anode installed and grounded!

It's corroding from inside the water jacket - out! :confused:

I have a neighbor running three of the largest wood doctors out of Canada to heat six poultry broiler houses, fills them three times a day with oak, he called me last week to come down and look at the doors, on the inside all the doors have warped and split and need welded, I'm going there tomorrow to weld up all the cracks in the doors, they are on their third season. Seem to be a very simple unit compared to the Central Broilers.

How long did it last? Would you be willing to share what you did that helped your wood doctor last?
thanks!

I am hoping someone is willing to share what they do to extend the life of their wood boiler, beyond not buying a wood doctor. What are some maintenance and care steps you recommend.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping someone is willing to share what they do to extend the life of their wood boiler, beyond not buying a wood doctor. What are some maintenance and care steps you recommend.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a stainless 5648 Central Boiler model. I clean it out when the heating season is done. Meaning getting inside and scraping it down of any excess buildups. Normal flue monitoring is done as well. I do burn only seasoned wood but you still get build up as the stove draws in moisture from outside air/atmosphere and temperature inversion occurs.

I test the PH of the water with the kit provided with the stove. I still have only added once in 12 years as it has stayed with the specs.

Follow the directions and you'll do fine.

Latest posts

Back