wood fired sauna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To do the sauna right . you will need some cold water our snow to jump in when you get out . Not to discourage anyone . was in a sauna at a hotel smelled an felt like a house attic in the summer even got itchy . There is nothing wrong with heat if your a reptile . Being mammals if there is no contrast between hot an cold , if you just use heat the price for this is very high with your health . I seen people with a coat on an be 80 F out . You will never be warm till you fell the cold . There are pictures of people climbing mountains in shorts .preschool kids dumping water on there heads in winter, pregnant women pouring cold water on there belly . What we try to fix this with pills, and really never work for me
Were a culture we lost in wanting everything easy . I see a ocean of people in winter with coats on shivering an down , I go swimming in winter take very long walks in a t shirt , nose has never been plug up in 4 years people will stop an ask when walking if I am cold , no but I can see you are . Don't get in the heat trap the cold is a bully if you want to enjoy winter you have to stand up to it .

To do the sauna right . you will need some cold water our snow to jump in when you get out . Not to discourage anyone . was in a sauna at a hotel smelled an felt like a house attic in the summer even got itchy . There is nothing wrong with heat if your a reptile . Being mammals if there is no contrast between hot an cold , if you just use heat the price for this is very high with your health . I seen people with a coat on an be 80 F out . You will never be warm till you fell the cold . There are pictures of people climbing mountains in shorts .preschool kids dumping water on there heads in winter, pregnant women pouring cold water on there belly . What we try to fix this with pills, and really never work for me
Were a culture we lost in wanting everything easy . I see a ocean of people in winter with coats on shivering an down , I go swimming in winter take very long walks in a t shirt , nose has never been plug up in 4 years people will stop an ask when walking if I am cold , no but I can see you are . Don't get in the heat trap the cold is a bully if you want to enjoy winter you have to stand up to it .

We are blessed with a spring-fed brook just down a slope from our sauna. The water is cold all year-round. I borrowed a swimming pool thermometer once and the temp in the winter was literally 32.5 degrees. Moving just enough so it doesn't ice. Going from the sauna into the brook is one of the greatest things I get to do. A buddy of mine lives nearby but doesn't have any running water. He got hold of an old bathtub and mounted it up on some planks. When he does a sauna, he fills the tub with cold water so he has someplace to dunk.

We are blessed with a spring-fed brook just down a slope from our sauna. The water is cold all year-round. I borrowed a swimming pool thermometer once and the temp in the winter was literally 32.5 degrees. Moving just enough so it doesn't ice. Going from the sauna into the brook is one of the greatest things I get to do. A buddy of mine lives nearby but doesn't have any running water. He got hold of an old bathtub and mounted it up on some planks. When he does a sauna, he fills the tub with cold water so he has someplace to dunk.
We have a spring well in a cement casing about 20 feet from our sauna. Works great to keep things cold in the summer too.

Nearly every camp that has a sauna and owned by Finns was built close to some sort of water source - river, natural spring, stream, etc. I decided to have a well drilled at camp just before building the sauna as we needed a water source for both and the older I get the less I liked the idea of hauling water from town. And yes, in the winter, there is no shortage of snow:GEDC1139.JPG

Nearly every camp that has a sauna and owned by Finns was built close to some sort of water source - river, natural spring, stream, etc. I decided to have a well drilled at camp just before building the sauna as we needed a water source for both and the older I get the less I liked the idea of hauling water from town. And yes, in the winter, there is no shortage of snow:View attachment 479350
Many finns settled in MN in the 20's and 30's when there was a decade long drought. When water tables returned to normal levels they found themselves in or near swamps.

Back