Wood fired

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Junkie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well,I'm here in Michigan,just had a cold front blow in with a snow storm on it's heels. It was 44 deg. this morn. and is now 18 deg. with 50 mpg wind gusts earlier and snow falling heavy now. All the while I'm looking into a hot bed of coals with the latest addition of dead elm flickering on top of them.....what a warm site to behold. The best part of it all is that my furnace has not kicked in all year and I plan on keeping it that way....what a glorious site to watch the propane truck drive by while I'm cozy inside!! ;)

I hear you, it was raining when we went to breakfast and snowing by the time we drove into Marquette to get some things. Came home and threw a bunch of crappy wood that didn't make the cut for firewood sales into the boiler. Heated the house yesterday for about 15 hrs with paper/cardboard scrap.

LOL...yeah...had to shut down the wood stove yesterday....was roasting us with the high temps.....not so now. Western lower here,about 4" and coming down hard....dang lake effect!

It is a good feeling to not have to worry about a propane bill---filled my 400 gallon tank 2 years ago and it is still sitting at 75%. Propane here has gone over $2 a gallon. I am still burning odd ball junks and pieces and have my pretty stacked wood under a roof. I keep it in the high 70's close to 80 in the house. That way the wife and wiener dogs stay comfy. It is 15F here this morning with a 5mph breeze which is just about my limit for going out on the deck in my underwear to take a leak.

A man is truelly the king of his castle when he can take a leak off his deck. The wife doesn't understand standing tall and proud on the deck in the winter in underwear and slippers melting snowbanks. Heres to you "Mister peeing off the deck in the winter guy" Another one I do is follow the dogs around (5 of them) and after they try to one-up each other marking the same territory I come in and show them a real alpha-dog marking. Its kind of my own little victory. Merry Christmas, Bill

I'm with ya...wife didn't understand when the realtor asked me what I was looking for and I told him "I want to be able to pee off my back deck."
12 yrs later...I keep telling her that it's the dogs killing her rose bushes off the back deck.
3 yrs since the fuel oil guy has visited hopefully another 20 or so. OWB is keeping us warm and toasty.
Here's to you "Mister peeing of the deck in the Winter guy."

:ices_rofl: ...that's funny...my two boys (they're almost six) would walk past the bathroom to go pee off the deck if they could get away with it. My wife would hang em by their toes. :laugh: It's a different story when we are out back feeding the animals tho. They have 'races' to see who's the fastest..:hmm3grin2orange:

Here..Here! Hats off to lettin er fly off the deck and Wood heat! I could'nt stand it any other way!:cheers: :cheers:

Back