Wood for sale???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was wondering how everyone was doing selling firewood, if you are selling any??? It's been super slow up here where I'm at. Maybe cause of the warm spell, not sure, I haven't even had a call in like a month... How bout in your areas eh??? Just wondering overall for this season. Cheers eh?

:cheers:

I've had a good year, I was just about sold out by early December. I sell more and more every year, I have about 200 bundles left, after that I'm done selling for this winter. All in all I've sold about 20 cords this season, if I have the time I plan on about 25-30 cord for next winter.

This stack was about 6 cords.

attachment.php

I dont mean to "pry" when i ask this but how do you guys advertise?? flyers in stores, ads in the newspapers, or spread by custumers??

I slowed down quite a bit through December, but have picked up a bit recently. Have delivered about 45 loads so far this season. Almost out of seasoned wood. Plan on about twice as much for next year.

I have a little over 2 cords going out tomorrow. I quit advertising in November. I have moved close to 60 cords. I can sell out every year but make it a point not to. I buy wood and always make sure I have at least 3 cord on hand. I think the biggest mistake you can make is running out of wood. If you tell someone your out they might find someone they like better and not come back. By always having seasoned wood on hand you never give them a chance to look around. People around here aren;t so concerned about the price. They want you to be there when you say and to have a good product. The could care less if you are $80 or $100 for a face cord. Next year I'm going to try and move 80 cords. The following 100cords and so on.

Scott

got an order this past weekend for 30 rick :) I dropped the price to $50. each he is coming to pick them up from me. Normal price is 65 and 70+ delivered. Should be a new annual contract. He owns several greenhouse/garden centers + he burns wood for heat too.

Back