Wood I.D.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom left looked like mulberry to me , just cut some the other day bark looks the same . Ithink.

Thanks for all the replies. Found the picture on the forum from another member but that is exactly what I cut and hauled home the other day and no one could tell me what I had.
I thought it was ash. It was free so it made it even better. Sure am glad I found this forum.

thats excellent firewood and has a low moisture content already ,so it can pretty much be burned the same day its cut

Thanks for all the replies. Found the picture on the forum from another member but that is exactly what I cut and hauled home the other day and no one could tell me what I had.
I thought it was ash. It was free so it made it even better. Sure am glad I found this forum.

Thats my picture. Its wood a friend of mine and I cut for him.

Since the topic is IDing wood, does anyone have an idea as to what this is excatly?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Isn't exactly tree ID, it's ash I think, but could anyone help me with IDing what would cause this? Disase or lighting maybe? The hole went up the tree from the stump only about 10-15 feet and stopped The odd shaped stump was from a growth that stuck out the side, has the crack going right to the center, and went from the ground up to where about the hole stopped in the center of the tree. The hole in the stump was from me digging out the punky center. The tree was still alive and had buds on the branches, but also had several dead limbs too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Near the top most of the branches (even the live branches) had cracking in the center of them or weird coloring in the center.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

You can tell if it is Ash by looking right at the center.There is a tiny hole.That is know as the ash hole:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back