Wood in Derry, NH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a small tree care company in Derry and have a bit of good saw wood saved up what can we do with it?

This one's easy... put it on a triaxle and run it down here to PA so I can mill it into lumber and we can all live happily ever after :clap:

Seriously, do you know any woodworkers up your way that might want to mill it? If you have some premium stuff, like say a 36" dia cherry saw log 16 ft to the first branch... something like that would yield some valuable high grade lumber. Cherry is hot... where oak for example is not at this point. Kiln dried FAS red oak surfaced two sides is only bringing between 2 and 3 bucks a ft retail now here on east coast. Lumber distributors are getting it for less than $2. Drive a couple hours west of here into the country and you can get it for that price also if you buy at least a hundred ft.

Know we are Talking Woodshop

See I like how you thinking.:spam:
Looking for just this sort of reply except from someone a little more local and we could walk the yard and see what I got.

I'm from south eastern VT...a little closer. lol. I'm just starting out, but there are a few quite knowlegable people in this area, some that might be interested in what you have. Do you have any fairly large maple?

Travis

Wood In Derry NH

I'm in southwest NH near Keene and might be interested depending on what is available. I have a RipSaw so I could saw at your yard or, if you have some large and high quality material, I could be interested in having it moved to my property to have it milled with a larger mill.

Any information you can provide on what kind of logs and their size would be a good start. You can always pm me as necessary.

Saw Logs

Howdy TreeDivision,

I too might be interested in what you've got. Any straight logs that could be used for beams and such? 20 footers with a diameter of 14" and up (on the small end) would do nicely.

I would also be interested in any not so straight cherry, red oak or white oak you might have. You don't need first grade hardwood for brace stock. The general rule is to cut (2) braces out of one 10' saw log, but 5 footers will do the trick also. And being brace stock, the diameters don't need to be very large ... only about 8" or higher.

Just let me know ... :)

firewood

I may be interested in trucking some of it out for you...ill be making firewood out of it all so any good mill logs id leave so they can be put to proper use. But if you have firewood logs around ill gladly come snag some. Pm with info if you want so of it gone.:clap:

Just so everyone knows, I will be splitting and selling the hard wood. I may be running late but I aint stupid. I have a limited supply of what is decent mill wood, it could just as easily end up in the splitter but I just think it would make sence for it to be used if possible for planks braces whatever.
For all you guys who are gunghoe to come down and get some wood I have a nice pile of pine that you are welcome to. :clap:

Back