Wood offer on CL.... East Muskegon, MI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This may or may not work out for someone on the AS list:

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/zip/989970998.html

We have 30 wooded acres with some logs that can be cut. The property was logged last year so there are lots of tops. The deal is you cut a truck load for yourself and a tuck load for us. We have a log splitter. We had 2 people who lived with us to cut wood for our wood stove but they moved out, so we need someone to get us wood and we dont have the money to buy it. There are lots of trails to get to the logs/tops, you just need 4x4. If this sound like something you would like to do please email me. We dont care what you do with your wood, use it for yourself or sell it. We could possibly help load wood. I just dont know how to use a chain saw or the splitter.

This is just an ad I saw on Craig's List and it is not me making this offer so copy & paste the link above to contact these people if you are interested.

Shari

Last edited:
So essentially the deal is you cut and split it, and we take half (a 1:1 deal). That's a lot of work for half the product. I'd pass, but maybe it's worthwhile for someone else and their situation. I'm wondering if they'll end up changing the deal to 2:1 or 3:1 just to get a taker.

Yes, I agree, it could be a lot of work depending on what conditions the loggers left. But, hey, in these economic times if a person is out of work and trying keep the family warm it might just be a good deal for that person.

Shari

Hmmm, east Muskegon, well its not quite like the Heights where you need a bulletproof vest and they'll steal the rims off your splitter while your working.

I agree!

That is sad that a home owner can't get off their butt and work a little.....I'd stay away from that deal.

Some folks here could be jumping off the fence abit and maybe they are correct but maybe not. 2 sisters here owned a wood lot beside me and a farm in the valley but couldn't cut or split wood. Since the brother passed away that did the wood cutting and splitting they were left in a huge farm house in the cold that winter. We had are differences over the years on a right of way issue and didn't converse much at all. But when all else failed and they needed wood to keep warm they called, my dad, I ended up cutting my wood in half and splitting it to fit there cook stove. I never kept them from getting wood but time came that they couldn't do it for themselves anymore.

Hey, guys, cut'em a break. If the stars had been aligned differently that may have been myself posting an ad like that. My hubby is disabled and until this last fall I had never operated the log splitter nor run a chainsaw. Since then I have 'learned' how to cope with the path life has sent hubby and I on. Everyone is not blessed with decent health and the knowledge of how to run a chainsaw and splitter.

Some years ago my Uncle, who was a farmer, became seriously disabled. They had wood heat. Winter was quickly approaching and he worried how they were to heat their home. His neighbors got a group together and the next thing my Uncle knew he had 20+ cord of wood not only bucked and split but also stacked right outside his door. It was the 'neighborly thing' to do. This goodness lasted long after my Uncle passed away and the goodness of neighbors kept the home fires burning for my widowed Aunt until she passed away years later.

Shari

Nice to hear people being neighborly doesn't happen as much as it needs to anymore. I was kinda thinking the same thing maybe they have health/age issues but it is craigslist obviously some peolple get real suspicious. Maybe it will work out for someone. Happy New Year hope it will be a better one for everyone!! take care irishcountry

Latest posts

Back