Wood Rig and Little loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leiterch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, I was tired of my back screaming at me so I decided to take the top off and the seat out and use the Jeep to get back to some wood that needed to be cut and dropped off. I was hauling this stuff through the woods to my trailer, but that wasn't cutting it. So now I can go anywhere and get smaller loads. :) It actually worked really well. I used it to drag the big logs out and then cut them in the open. Much better. My back is thanking me tonight.
Had the wife and baby out helping. :) He was loving it. Nothing like family night cutting and gathering wood. :)

thought I would share some pics of the night.

Jeep 1 - Yes, I had to pose the saws on top.
4-15-09001.jpg

Jeep 2 - Just a close up.
4-15-09002.jpg

Just the wood that we cut gathered, thought I would snap a picture. bunch of trips, but well worth it in back recovery time. :)
4-15-09003.jpg

And that first pic is the reason I will never own a Jeep, nor will I ever understand men who do.

Nice saws however, and great looking outdoor burner!

And that first pic is the reason I will never own a Jeep, nor will I ever understand men who do.

It can't haul things in the back, but it sure can get your places a full size can't. And, that is why it is a toy. Much better than a quad as the whole family can enjoy.

Thats one fine looking jeep. I have had a couple ole jeeps myself and remember I also am guilty of hauling wood in the back of an ole cj5 piled to the top of the rollbar. Its a JEEP thing some people just dont understand:)
Heres Mine and yeah its a jeep to
DSCF1337.jpg

Is it just me or do those big rounds stacked up high on the back of that Jeep look like they were not easy on the back?

-Jones

Only abuse of a Jeep I see is the obvious lack of Stihl's....:greenchainsaw:

And yes...it's a fine song!..He did it on Hannity's tea party show last nite from Atlanta.

"In the midst of urban sprawl land Ohio..." That explains a lot. Some people use them for a little more than just a cute little convertible to bop around town in. I've owned a jeep of some sort (CJ5,CJ7 and now TJ) for the last 14 and don't ever want to be without one. People that have never been wheeling in a lifted jeep with lockers, let alone a stock TJ, would never ever understand. I tried to load a picture that would explain my point, but the upload failed. I guess the jeep mantra will have to do... It's a jeep thing...

BTW nice jeep! :) Just noticed it's a YJ. Way too clean for a Michigan YJ! Most that I have seen up here are pretty rotten by now. Very nice shape.

Last edited:
"In the midst of urban sprawl land Ohio..." That explains a lot. Some people use them for a little more than just a cute little convertible to bop around town in. I've owned a jeep of some sort (CJ5,CJ7 and now TJ) for the last 14 and don't ever want to be without one. People that have never been wheeling in a lifted jeep with lockers, let alone a stock TJ, would never ever understand. I tried to load a picture that would explain my point, but the upload failed. I guess the jeep mantra will have to do... It's a jeep thing...

BTW nice jeep! :) Just noticed it's a YJ. Way too clean for a Michigan YJ! Most that I have seen up here are pretty rotten by now. Very nice shape.

It took me a long time to find it. It was a guys jeep up at his property and he was selling the property and didn't need the jeep. It was always garage kept and only has one spot of rust on the front fender. No biggie as it is getting flat fenders this year anyway. :) You take the front axle and lock it and it is amazing where you can take these things.

Where you at in NMI? Are you free May 2nd? If so, you should stop over to the Jeep Blessing. Very good time. www.cadillacjeepers.com

Nah, your Jeep is a good looking rig. I just had to raz ya a bit. I still haven't gotten the anti-jeep sentiment out of my blood...it's like Stihl and Husky LOL. I used to belong to a Toyota Offroad Group here in Southern Ohio. We had Jeep clubs that would run the same day as us. The difference was, our Yotas were stocked full of Shotguns, Beer, Kegs, chainsaws and split'n axes. We were always fixing jeeps and pull'n them out on the trail. At night we'd hoop and hollar and the Jeep clubs would get all upset for us shooting fireflies with shotguns at 2 in the morning....I never understood that :) But I ain't gonna lie either, I did get pulled out by a few Jeeps over the years.:cheers: I remember one in particular...Rockwell axles and 50" equipment tires. What a rig!

Around here Offroad Jeep Clubs and Toyota Clubs have bad blood like the Hatfield and McCoys in West Virginia.

NUZZY....WHERE ARE YOU WITH YOUR JEEP PICTURES...I need someone with a big Jeep to shut my Toyota mouth up. Your rig ought to do the trick.

I have had many a trips of wood in the back of the Jeep, Many of these

imgp7310.jpg

And then I got fed up and built one of these.. works great.. goes anywhere I want. and will hold alot then the back of hte Jeep!!

gedc0078u.jpg

I paid $80 for the old truck,, My buddy had soem old crappy tires.. some welding cutting and Bamm.. trailer.. ended up selling the cap that was on the truck for $80 too!!!!

NUZZY....WHERE ARE YOU WITH YOUR JEEP PICTURES...I need someone with a big Jeep to shut my Toyota mouth up. Your rig ought to do the trick.

Wouldn't dream of it!! Most jeeps these days are posers and mall crawlers anyways :greenchainsaw:

And I haven't a single bad thing to say about Toyotas. Well, other than Birfields :laugh: But those are easly fixed with Bobby Longs :cool:

Luckily, around here, the Toyotas and Jeeps play nicely together. There are enough people trying to stop wheeling and make it illegal that everyone pretty much has to stick together to keep it alive.

I'm just a little way fromCadillac, but unfortunately I have to work May 2nd. I've never been to the Jeep blessing in Cadillac, but heard it was a good time. We head out to the Twisted Trails Off-road park for their big events (and sometimes on Saturdays as well) which is in Copemish. If you haven't had a chance to check it out you should. They add new obstacles just about every month it seems and it's cheap to get in.

My TJ is starting to get the rust on the tops of the fenders as well. The jeep still cleans up pretty nice except for the two spots. I was planning on doing tubed flat fenders as well. I originally wanted to build a set until I saw a set of the Gen-rite Hi-line fenders. Once I can talk myself into cutting the hood I think I'm going to order them.

:jawdrop:.. How dare you?...

I said *most* :D

The sad part is...

...prove me wrong. :( I love jeepers at heart, but there are fewer and fewer of them these days.

I'm just a little way from Cadillac...

Rocks & Valleys has it's grand opening in May and is near ya too. I hope the friendly competition between R&V and Twisted Trails keeps both parks growing :cool:

I agree. Cut that Hood. They sell new ones everyday. :)

If you want to see jeeps that aren't all mall crawlers come out the the blessing. We had over 700 jeeps last year and hope to have 1,000 this year. Not bad for a non-profit small club. Just got done working on the course today. It has some very technical spots and yes, we do have a section that you need to have a locker and 35's to run. I will say that full width and stretched wheel base will have fits in this section. :)

Twisted trails is awesome and is growing like crazy. Only problem, I see is it isn't set up for DD offroaders. For the dog party it was trailer queen city. It is one gnarly course where full truggy style rigs are needed in some places.

I love the trailer behind the jeep. Good idea. I have a good wood trailer, but a yours is much more suited for a jeep.

Latest posts

Back