wood thief update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
caught a wood thief at my place a while back.turns out he was drunk, had no license, and had some drugs on him.he took a plea bargin and is going away for 5 years.some times there is some justice.

Glad to hear that. Gotta make you feel good. Got a married couple near me that keep helping themselves to my produce I grow. Hit me this year for a truckload of pumpkins. Pumpkins belonged to a guy renting some of our ground but were in my father's field. I attend a local produce auction every Tue and Fri. His wife showed up for a couple of weeks. Pumpkins turned up missing and she disappeared too. Realize now she was just there to keep her eye on me making sure I was there and not at home. Were stealing strawberries off of me a few years ago 'til I caught on. Whole family are thieves. Trail cameras are going up next year. Had my brother-in-law build a box that looks like a birdhouse I can set the camera in. Got a new patch of strawberries near the road that we can't see from my dad's house. Be prime for them to hit. Hope they do so I can nail them. Then if it goes to court, hope to get a decent judge and they get a dumb lawyer so they don't get off, even with camera footage.

Trail cameras are going up next year. Had my brother-in-law build a box that looks like a birdhouse I can set the camera in. Got a new patch of strawberries near the road that we can't see from my dad's house.

Farm near me posted really nice infrared trail cam pics on their site twice last week of pumpkin thieves (by the car load, not just one or two). One was a older man's face clear as day, other was a mini-van with a distinctive rear quarter panel damage. Their farm stand is on state highway frontage a long way from the homestead.

Each was up for only a day followed by a "Thank you, the State Police are now following up on good leads."

Wish I remembered the brand, the photos were clearer then 2/3rds of the bank and convenience store surveillance camera pics they post asking if any recognizes the robbers.

A good body and a decent lens will set you back around 150-200or so that's for one that can see 100ft or more in low to almost nil lighting. No Infrared emitters needed. That is what I have at my shop.

caught a wood thief at my place a while back.turns out he was drunk, had no license, and had some drugs on him.he took a plea bargin and is going away for 5 years.some times there is some justice.

in my country they would give him the rest of your wood pile coz he needs it more than you man it sucks

A milled-receiver Izhmash AK-47 makes a distinctive sound when the bolt slams shut. Seems to resonate better in the dark near a woodpile.

so dose a 1911 A1 .45 auto

problem is here if you pull a gun on anyone don't matter what they are doing
wrong you are the one going for a ride in a cop car

Last edited:
so dose a 1911 A1 .45 auto

problem is here if you pull a gun on anyone don't matter what they are doing
wrong you are the one going for a ride in a cop car

can you pull a gun on the light pole across the yard, or is it that bad? we're just trying to get them to crap their britches.

Glad to hear that. Gotta make you feel good. Got a married couple near me that keep helping themselves to my produce I grow. Hit me this year for a truckload of pumpkins. Pumpkins belonged to a guy renting some of our ground but were in my father's field. I attend a local produce auction every Tue and Fri. His wife showed up for a couple of weeks. Pumpkins turned up missing and she disappeared too. Realize now she was just there to keep her eye on me making sure I was there and not at home. Were stealing strawberries off of me a few years ago 'til I caught on. Whole family are thieves. Trail cameras are going up next year. Had my brother-in-law build a box that looks like a birdhouse I can set the camera in. Got a new patch of strawberries near the road that we can't see from my dad's house. Be prime for them to hit. Hope they do so I can nail them. Then if it goes to court, hope to get a decent judge and they get a dumb lawyer so they don't get off, even with camera footage.

Build a few extra "bird houses" so the one doesn't stick out.. as to say.. come check me out..

can you pull a gun on the light pole across the yard, or is it that bad? we're just trying to get them to crap their britches.

mate you can't do anything you have to let them take it and then call the cops it's all wrong
they have more rights than we do if you stop them or grab them you get done for assult and god help you
if you pick up any kind of a weapon and that includes an axe handle

mate you can't do anything you have to let them take it and then call the cops it's all wrong
they have more rights than we do if you stop them or grab them you get done for assult and god help you

:msp_sneaky: sounds like you need a deep hole and a dozer.. :msp_smile:

I thought we had it bad. So I guess booby traps are out of the question. Paintball gun would be assault and battery. Law doesn't care. Shame won't work on them. Electric fence maybe? With plenty of warning signs?

Back