Woodbug extension - finally!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT-Woodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After a severe bout of procrastination (6 months),:confused: I had a "git 'r done" weekend. I welded up a 4 ft extension which will allow me to cut a 12 ft log. The welds aren't great but they will hold and a coat of primer is drying. I still need to add a couple of braces and the indexing pieces - after I have someone fabricate them for me. With the cool weather we are having, I'm getting the itch to make some chips fly! :hmm3grin2orange:

Woodbugextension.jpg

Nice! I have been throwing some chips myself the past 2 weekends. I had some really slow going as I am accustomed to milling pine but did some red oak and rock maple this time around. Man my back is killing me! I really like your setup and enjoyed the pics you posted before. I would like to rig something like that up to get myself into the upright position.

Dave

Looks good... all nice and shiny and new still... bet you can't wait to ding it up. Looking forward to seeing it in action slicing up a full 12 foot length.

Back