Woodmaster Temp Keeps going low

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mingom

Hi Guys,

The temp on my woodmaster 4400 keeps dropping well below the low setpoint, causing the fan to run for long periods of time. Its not very cold (38 degrees at 9 pm). I threw a huge log on earlier, could this be causing an issue? I had a major creosote buildup while I was away on a trip (my father in law keep it going while I was gone but temps hit 60!) so I don't know if this is also part of the cause. I've been trying to get a real hot fire going to burn some of it out but have had issues. The bypass damper pull rod keeps sticking until the temp gets high, and and the door keeps sticking also. Looking for any insight.

Thanks!

i have found that you need to keep other, smaller wood stacked around the big logs to make them want to burn right, most likely the issue. let it burn until it is all but out of wood and the temp is fairly low. then set a small fire with small, dry wood. thats what i do once or twice a season to burn out the creosote.

When it warm like it has been, I set my hy temp and low temp only 8* appart. I find it it smolders too long, and I use larger logs, the low alarm will flash. Smaller splits will help, and u should be able to set the diff to 12-15* in warmer temps....

As said before I would make sure and have some smaller stuff with the larger stuff. I think this time of year it is probably setting at idle to long and having a hard time restarting the large wood once your fan kicks on.

Back