Woodpecker Logsplitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty nice. Two gripes.

1 It has the hydrolic tank welded to the spindles of the wheels. Speeco did this too, and it's fine if you don't tow it anywhere. Do alot of towing, and you'll have problems sooner or later.

2 I do NOT like where the controls are placed. NOT user friendly, IMO.

Price is good, but I would question quality at the price of it.

I think another name would suit this splitter better... three toed sloth log splitter. On a more serious side they have a rebuild kit included, its like saying the cylinder is going to fail soon so when it does here are the parts.

I did a search on this sight, one fellow said he had an identical splitter that was sold by Harbor Freight under a different name. He said the beam wasn't strong enough and it bent when he hit a knot.

I'd stay away from that unit, looks pretty cheesy. If you do any amount of wood find something with at least 16gpm pump.....like metioned previously, those controls are in a fubar'd position.

You wont break the bank on the initial purchase but looks like you'll spend a lot fixing it. Controls are A$$ backwards, the log lift almost stalls the motor, you can see the whole frame twisting when the operator tries to bust up the big round.

I have had my Woodpecker Splitter for 5 years and have split over 20 cords of wood and haven't had a problem yet, knock on wood!!!

HF dropped that whole line a couple years ago. Likely due to the cylinder problems and a few other things on occasion , return filter valve installed backwards , bad love joy couplers, Bad welds-no penetration. Hf wasn't the only one at that time others were have problems with cylinders also although of a different mounting design. My hf is from 2002, bad welds and return valve backwards. I bent the foot plate and the beam, I rebuilt it a few years back still running the same pump cylinder briggs eng. and lovejoy coupler. control valve was acting up at that time also replaced with a prince. It has had more than 150 cord run across it overall, that's just a low guesstimate

Latest posts

Back