Woodstove myths,,,list them

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am not sure why we OWB owners must defend ourselves once a year:confused:

Is this like lowering oneself to the level of the adversary?? Oh well here goes. LOL

OK boys these were posted on the internet.

1. My wood stove heats the entire house evenly:clap: (never been in such a house)
2. Given the right chimney a stove will NEVER back draft into your house:clap: (claimants obviously have never been in Ohio on a rainy, windy,45 degree March day)
3. Bugs and dust are not a problem unless you are a slob:clap: (My wife would like to invite you over to see her house keeping and call her a slob to her face)
4.I heat my whole house to 75-80 on 1 1/2 cords per year and live within 8 miles of the north pole (OK it was somewhere in Canada).:clap: ( With my OWB I heat two houses, my water and my dog house on 3 wheel barrow loads and live ON the South pole) What the hey since we are going to lie we will top any story:)
5. An inside wood stove is no more a fire hazard than your OWB:clap: That aint even worth comment.

I guess you don't mean woodstove as in an air tight unit as part of the furnace? My parents have used one the last a 35yrs and heat their Indiana house on roughly 3 cords per year and it does it very evenly.

I guess you don't mean woodstove as in an air tight unit as part of the furnace? My parents have used one the last a 35yrs and heat their Indiana house on roughly 3 cords per year and it does it very evenly.

Yup we are going to make you about
50% #4
25% #1
and 25% reserved for future use:)

This is so fun.....................................:censored:

....you can run very cold flue temps and not worry about creosote build up. All of the creosote collects in the ash pan...

I would not want to be this guy's insurance carrier.

I have a good chimney and never had any backdraft. I live near Columbus OH, but it is a straight shot 25' no bends.

a wood furnace with forced air can heat fairly evenly, but otherwise, nonsense.

Backdraft is inherent in the design. Every time you open the door to refuel, there's some backdraft. Then, in spring, you can wash the soot off of your ceiling.

Ah yes, wood stoves; what fun times.

popcorn.gif

my favorite is............

you can't use a 8" to 6" reducer off the stove.why the hell do they make it then?

i know people who have done it for years.call a stove shop here and they go nuts when you ask for one but then they sell it to you.amazing.

Latest posts

Back