Worn out bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The bar on a Homelite 925 is worn just past the edge of the oiling holes. The rest is OK, sqared and dressed.
Is there a danger for the chain to catch on the open hole or not?

Last edited:
^^Yup.^^
Gotta agree there mate. Wearing chains too and creating potential for failure if the guide rails get too worn, and if you add a new chain that rides high in the groove.................ng. Don't piss around, and replace the bar, really.

Sounds like someone who's allergic to spending a little bit of money; get over it and spend a little bit on an inexpensive bar if that's the case. A cheap bar is better than what you have.... I've seen bar/chain combos in super stores for less than $20. My wife would place me squarely in the cheap category, but, she doesn't know I spent $63 on my latest bar....

do you really wanna risk it for a few bucks saved? would ya like to come over to my house and see what a sharp chain moving very quickly will do to your flesh?

I mean its not all bad cause chics dig scars but myself I could do without em :laugh:

Ok ok...jeee...not up for excuses but I bought that chainsaw as is, with that bar and never used it so far. Took it to a local Stihl dealer to clean up and he said about the bar:...shallberight mate.
So perhaps I must chuck the bar out with the dealer.
Steve, thanks for the compliment but no, I have no known allergies..

Last edited:
Back