Is this spur sprocket worn out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I have seen one this bad, he's sure got all the use he could get out of that spur sprocket.

Can't say I have seen one this bad, he's sure got all the use he could get out of that spur sprocket.

The chain had about 1/2 of the cutters left, he was going to reuse that................

I found a Oregon drum/rim/bearing setup ~$30, instead he bought another Husky spur drum/bearing for $32........this is after I explained about being able to just change out a worn rim......

My father had a saying "it's like talking to the wall....."

The chain had about 1/2 of the cutters left, he was going to reuse that................

I found a Oregon drum/rim/bearing setup ~$30, instead he bought another Husky spur drum/bearing for $32........this is after I explained about being able to just change out a worn rim......

My father had a saying "it's like talking to the wall....."
I'm pretty tight myself, but I can't imagine someone putting the wore out chain from that wore out spur sprocket on a new spur sproket.

The same type of guy who drives his car until the steel belts of the tires are sticking through. These people with zero mechanical aptitude keep repair shops in business.

When there were $100 to be driven in HS days cars.......a friend had a Ford Falcon.......He took it for jumps (3-4' off the ground) so the frame was twisted.......used up tires fast.... he kept the trunk full from the scrapyard.........When asked about a front tire..."it's 4-ply, still got 3 left..."

Back