worried

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
well, a guy who i know decided to get into tree work. his guys are off the books, he is insured for 1/2 a million, for landscaping, and is a dba. so i was looking at one of my jobs today, i saw his guys putting together a poulan chain saw, a craftsman chainsaw, and a new echo pos. i asked what they were going to do, and they pointed to a dead ash tree. the tree is about 50 feet tall. they had 2 ropes with them. each one is no more than 100 feet long. to one side of the tree was road power lines, not even 10 feet away. more like 5 feet. then to another side, 5 feet away is 3 sets of power lines which in no way are visable from aloft in the tree. there are branches tangled in those lines. to the other 2 sides are woods. however in those woods are all vines, and tall trees. so to pull anything into there would be dangerous, and very much impossible. if they could pull the tops out into there, i fear that the branches would roll off some other trees and fall onto the lines. i am worried about my friend here, that he is taking on too much, and that he may be endangering his wellbeing, that he may lose his house and everything else. do you guys know people who do this that you are close to? what do you tell them?

Sounds like a hard lesson is going to be learned.Tell the trees owner this before he gets killed and sets the tree on fire.Had a fellow take some HIGH VOLTAGE in town few years back,melted all the coins in his pockets.City guy I think,was in the bucket when this happened but anyway the dude is DEAD.

Hey 82 you have to tell someone. The lines are nothing to play with. Not many second chances. Dont be carring that on your sholders for the rest of your life if something happens. We were a contract crew for the utility co. out hear in Cal. Alls the home owner, or the contractor, has to do is call the utility co. & they will call out the contractor & bring down the tree below ALL power lines. Primary & secondary, free of charge.they might be left with the brush to pick up. We did it on a daily basics. Many times the private tree man was very well qualified & just smiled at me. I got paid for the hourly work & he got the lrg tree down to telephone line level for free.

I saw something like that once, and called the power companies 800 outage line.

"nope, there aint one yet, but I think you want to have a forester come and look at this!"

Someone called on us on a land clearing two springs ago. The boss I was sub'ing too opened the primaries with brush while stuffing the chipper.

Latest posts

Back