Would I Make A Good Abhorist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pinus said:
Thats my opinion, that arbosist is more "doctor" than "sawman" ;)
That was put very aptly.
I have noticed among the less accomplished "climbers", that there is an obvious distane for that brutish, uncivilized tool known as the chainsaw.

Why do you think it would be that a tree forum would have to have a vote as to whether or not have a chainsaw forum?

I think that the answer here is that most of them are mechanicaly inept and really believe they are above the lowly chainsaw.
Much like it would be beneath a surgeon to ponder whether his scalpels are sharp or not.
In other words, there is a bunch of climbers out there who think they possess a doctorate on the subject in order to charge the most and do the least.

However, it can be seen that the most accomplished and likeable treemen are the ones who know and enjoy their chainsaws. That would be: RBtree, Treeco, KFtree, Begley Tree, Trimmed and most recently P Woozel, with my sincerest appology to those I neglected to mention. :blob2:

Even though Ekka is fresh out of school and eager to learn, I am glad he is hanging in here with the right crowd and not a bunch of dolts who either cant afford a good saw or simply don't know how to use one.

Even Butch wants me to ****!
Masterhole2.jpg

Thor's Hammer said:
http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/****/****-pic.jpg
LOL

Sorry, but I'd love nothing better than a friendly argument with the treehosers, but I have to shuffle off to Buffalo to get my a$$ kicked by KFtree. :blob2:
We'll see you buckwheats on monday.
John

It was mean´t that chainsaw and climbing isn´t the only resources needed for the arborists work. The thread was strongly leaned towards sawing :)

... and a pair of trampolenes

aside from running his saw a little on the lean side, what "gypo" doesn't tell you in this picture is that while he was abhoristing up this tree, he was also working between two trampolenes.

there's something that rhymes between a tree and a trampolene, but I can't figure out what it is ... might it be ... hoppologger?

like ahborister said, "so yah wanna go into the tree business huh? start out simple -- git yourself quicksaw and a pair of trampolenes"

attachment.php

Molecule said:
aside from running his saw a little on the lean side, what "gypo" doesn't tell you in this picture is that while he was abhoristing up this tree, he was also working between two trampolenes.

there's something that rhymes between a tree and a trampolene, but I can't figure out what it is ... might it be ... hoppologger?

like ahborister said, "so yah wanna go into the tree business huh? start out simple -- git yourself quicksaw and a pair of trampolenes"

attachment.php

Why he not started his "performance" from the tree top. That is even more stupid and dangerous climbing :dizzy:

Interesting TreeCo.

Over here we have specified modules to learn and displayed competencies to be assessed on. This alleviates the possibility of learning some-one elses bad habits. However, the ASPR was used for some of the information as well as other resources. arbormaster training have some excellent material and well presented ... once you get over the yanky accent and terminology.

We also had to pass a written examination on rigging.

We had a prac day a fortnight for a year where we did real jobs. This is a national standard education. So, I can expect an arborist from Melbourne to know the ropes no different to one from Brisbane. You know what you are getting and what the arborists competencies are.

Ekka completed some of his official course recently but study is on going and more to be undertaken next year. (Does it ever really end?). He has also been in the industry officially since 1998. Prior to that he had a variety of jobs but did complete an apprenticeship as a fitter & turner in which he worked for 8 years.

The final few years of his stint in that trade were in a machine shop making one off parts for broken down machinery. He has full competencies in all machine tools such as mills, lathes, shapers, surface grinders, borers, welding etc. Prior to the machine shop he was primarily a maintenance fitter where it was his role to pull down and repair machinery ... any machinery and usually without a manual.

This period of 8 years was at GMH automotive plant so the variety of machinery was wide spread from compressors to conveyors to tool presses and production line machinery.

So Gypo, regarding your comment of being mechanically inept you may well find even in this area I'll run rings around you. Must be frustrating swinging at fresh air for you but not much of what you throw at me can stick. Like I said to some other wankers, you just picked the wrong guy. Now run off into the wilderness with your chainsaw and see what else you can get hung up on other than the phone. :)

Denise,

You sound like an expert on loggers arse pimples. is that the voice of experience?

Dennis Cahoon said:
Ekka,

Hahahaha!....sounds like you're just about ready to become a pimple on a Loggers A$$!
LMFAO!
Dennis, TreeCo is right, I don't recall seeing logger or arborist diplomas on those matchbook covers like they have in Australia.
Maybe the treehosers could put a similar ad on the back of rolling paper dispensers! :blob2:
John

Gypo Logger said:
LMFAO!
Dennis, TreeCo is right, I don't recall seeing logger or arborist diplomas on those matchbook covers like they have in Australia.
Maybe the treehosers could put a similar ad on the back of rolling paper dispensers! :blob2:
John
You little rascal,you didn't show up today in Ohio.Judging from the the hour of post,not NY either,Awol on both counts.Are you using Markys name again?

Al Smith said:
You little rascal,you didn't show up today in Ohio.Judging from the the hour of post,not NY either,Awol on both counts.Are you using Markys name again?
Hi Al, no, I'm not Barky this time honest. Spacecull squeeled on me so they are watching me close.
We honestly thought you guys would have made a surprise appearance Al.
It was a great show and you would have enjoyed it. Sedanman makes the best ribs in the whole USA.
John

funny that these guys wont show to any contests unless its there show!!!

a_lopa said:
funny that these guys wont show to any contests unless its there show!!!
Ya, I was wondering about that too.
To make things more congenial we were talking about having Darin host our GTG's in order to get more exposure for AbhoristSite.com and to attract more sponsors in order to make AS a more financialy viable proposition since it is doing so well and generating some significant revenue.
Darin, what ever became of that AS banner that was at Clearwater B.C? We need one for our GTG's.
John

That was a funny thread, even if I do say so myself, but you got to admit, Treeco is the most diplomatic tree climber that ever was!
Darin, when are you planning a GTG? Everybody needs to see Colorado.
It would be a virtual, "Beggars Banquet", plus I'd be honoured to meet the leading lady "Judge Judy."
John

Latest posts

Back