Wow this is scary

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I see and read stuff like this all I see is our industry going more and more downhill and getting devalued more than it is now. Seems anything and everything goes just to save a buck and cut corners instead of just hiring a regular insured tree company to do the job.

I wonder if that $150 is split between the two guys.

Last edited:
yes i know a man like this .wedid some tree work for him then he wanted to hire my climber to come to his lake house to do some felling and trimming so i let him do it on the weekend.i did this to teach my climber a lesson he worked his but off and made a hundred bucks for driving 60 plus miles using his own saw paying his own gas and using his own saws and gear that man who is worth about 250 million worked hi but off snd payed him 1hundred bucks lesson learned needles to say my climber doesnt do many side jobs anymore.and the rich guy has to pay a real price to get his work done to.:clap:

it would be interesting to see someone who knew what they were dong just realy teach that guy in your post an expensive lesson it would teach him not to be so cheap.

yes i know a man like this .wedid some tree work for him then he wanted to hire my climber to come to his lake house to do some felling and trimming so i let him do it on the weekend.i did this to teach my climber a lesson he worked his but off and made a hundred bucks for driving 60 plus miles using his own saw paying his own gas and using his own saws and gear that man who is worth about 250 million worked hi but off snd payed him 1hundred bucks lesson learned needles to say my climber doesnt do many side jobs anymore.and the rich guy has to pay a real price to get his work done to.:clap:

Nah he will just keep getting estimates until a drunk or stoner does the job for his price:laugh:

Or.....

Some enterprising gent on here could call up, say they're traveling contractors, organize the whole thing for the day in question and then simply not turn up. When he calls your phone just say sorry, too hungover! Leave tightwad holding the bill for all the other crap he's organized. He might think he can do it cheaper once, I wonder about twice.

Let's face it, it will be some desperate untrained kid that gets the job and will probably be killed or maimed in the process.

Sad to see stuff like this, because you know who ever gets the job is not going to be qualified and end up getting hurt or dead. Hope that is not the case.

A good response would be to notify OSHA and direct them to that listing.

Nah I ain't no narc lol. Besides unless they go to the job, what laws has he broke without further investigation? Good luck getting a broke gov to jump on that! It is my understanding that osha merely warns companies first and gives them a chance to do corrective measures before fining and such takes place or is that only on big corporate giants:rolleyes: I hope tree work stays where the small man can keep his slice of the pie, big corporations have ruined every thing else and I can't stand working for white shirt sobs that have not done crap.

Well he did say he was taking care of the insurance.

Now I have to tell you guys I have done jobs like this and pretty much just for the entertaiment value. I know I will be OK and also get paid. Last job I did I got 400 for helping a guy TD an easy maple.
It was a freaking riot. I kina like it that way sometimes cause I pretty much have NO LIABLITY in these situations and its fun to watch from up there.
This one guy who was supposed to work with us tried to drive his harley through the work area, got hung up on a log and bit it- that was precious and I will always hold that dear to my heart.
The bawss was working the wild thang, he would start it by holding it above his head and do the push pull thing. I either thought he would cut something off himself, someone else or just drop from exhaustion from yanking on that saw.
They borrow and old 4 cylinder chuck and duck and it was just a blast watching these guys trying to get it to stay running and push the stuff through the rusty knives. Somehow, these guys were indebted to the bawss so they had to push on.
It was a day at the park for me, relatively speaking. I had a good long talk with the bawss before we " commenced cutting at 8 am" and there was a proposal he signed saying I was only responsible for so much. I could have dropped a limb on somebody and it would have not been my problem. I was only responsible for getting the tree down with out breaking the house and even that was vague. I could have blamed it on the guys.
Was it legititmate? I dunno. Great entertainment? You bet. Would I do it it again? Sure, why not? Sign this and we'll " commence cutting".

Well he did say he was taking care of the insurance.

Now I have to tell you guys I have done jobs like this and pretty much just for the entertaiment value. I know I will be OK and also get paid. Last job I did I got 400 for helping a guy TD an easy maple.
It was a freaking riot. I kina like it that way sometimes cause I pretty much have NO LIABLITY in these situations and its fun to watch from up there.
This one guy who was supposed to work with us tried to drive his harley through the work area, got hung up on a log and bit it- that was precious and I will always hold that dear to my heart.
The bawss was working the wild thang, he would start it by holding it above his head and do the push pull thing. I either thought he would cut something off himself, someone else or just drop from exhaustion from yanking on that saw.
They borrow and old 4 cylinder chuck and duck and it was just a blast watching these guys trying to get it to stay running and push the stuff through the rusty knives. Somehow, these guys were indebted to the bawss so they had to push on.
It was a day at the park for me, relatively speaking. I had a good long talk with the bawss before we " commenced cutting at 8 am" and there was a proposal he signed saying I was only responsible for so much. I could have dropped a limb on somebody and it would have not been my problem. I was only responsible for getting the tree down with out breaking the house and even that was vague. I could have blamed it on the guys.
Was it legititmate? I dunno. Great entertainment? You bet. Would I do it it again? Sure, why not? Sign this and we'll " commence cutting".

The Dan is a sick man:clap:

Depending on what the job really entails it may not be all that bad; oh, and is the $150 each or split is the first question I would ask too.

I have done a number of jobs like this, though never looked for it on CraigsList. Run up the tree for 5-6 cuts, then call it a day?

The again i have showed up to find the gig so Sanford & Son that I said that this is not the deal I was sold the risk is way too high. I was on a crane job a while back where the operator was so scared he almost called it off.

Latest posts

Back