Wraptor gear box lube?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is there suppose to be oil/grease or some type of lube in the gear box of these things? Pulled out a check bolt and there is nothing. Was told these things come ready to roll out of the box, mixed gas aside.

I see there is one grease zerk that looks like it is for the rope cam mechanism, so I'll grease that, but otherwise I didn't receive any maintenance manual for the unit and was wondering about the gear box lube.

JPS, I know you have one so chime in if you can.

The wraptor girls may have your oil. I think they....."snatched" it outa your ...box....LMFAO......sorry...:msp_lol:

Not the stuff that heats up with friction?!

Best bet is to call Paul and ask but I thought it was all purpose grease and every twenty uses. Not sure actually.

Nails, your Wraptor is ready to go out of the box. The gearbox is pre-lubed and will not need additional lithium grease until you have 400 hours on the unit which equates to 240,000 feet of ascent, then the manufacturer calls for 1 additional shot. The zirk on the orange backplate should get 1 squirt of multi-purpose grease every 3 tanks of gas, it also is pre-greased. Bottom line dont sweat it they are built tree guy tough and will run till you wear the ribs off of the hub (which nobody has yet done and we have some units out there for almost 3 years now). Select your TIP wisely and they will never let you down.

Paul

Nails, your Wraptor is ready to go out of the box. The gearbox is pre-lubed and will not need additional lithium grease until you have 400 hours on the unit which equates to 240,000 feet of ascent, then the manufacturer calls for 1 additional shot. The zirk on the orange backplate should get 1 squirt of multi-purpose grease every 3 tanks of gas, it also is pre-greased. Bottom line dont sweat it they are built tree guy tough and will run till you wear the ribs off of the hub (which nobody has yet done and we have some units out there for almost 3 years now). Select your TIP wisely and they will never let you down.

Paul

I am still going to get one Paul it may be a while but it is high on the list! I will of course pm you when ready!

Paul

Good, thanks much for the reply Paul. The little I have used it so far, I have much enjoyed the energy savings and efficiency it adds.

I about concerned about the lack of the maintainence manual. I mean it should come with something to that effect. Its good you are double checking.

Only maintenance needed is clean air filter, use good mix and a squirt of grease every 3 tanks. Most important factor for the longevity of the unit is keep the Wraptor Rope clean to reduce abrasion on the hub.

Paul

Latest posts

Back