• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB Carb Kit for Mac 2-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrush128

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Sadly, my grandfather recently passed away, and his old Mac 2-10 was left to me. Today, I finally worked up the nerve to tear into it to see why it wouldn't run. It has good spark and will run with a bit of fresh mix in the cylinder, but the gas tank has very stale gas in it, and as you'd expect, the carb is pretty gummed up.
I looked on eBay and all I could find was this kit, which after close inspection, doesn't seem to be the correct kit...
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141498388073

Does anyone know where I might find the correct parts?

I have never seen a carb like this before. Is there anything that needs to be done differently than on the more typical diaphragm carbs of this generation?

30ff5451fd77c0457313b9d96671ef00.jpg

0bbd8d2efcc899bae2528e551a09d662.jpg

dc2ecdf95bfe2835153cbb5acb1c1b10.jpg

Here's the ebay kit for comparison...

c48edc9461a0721546089be5d6bb3d8b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can swap that carb over to a Walbro SDC, which kits are still widely available for.

If I were to do that, wouldn't I need to find other parts, besides just the carb? I looks like the sdc has a choke lever, whereas the carb I have has a primer button. If I could find all the parts to do the swap, that would be great, but it seems like it would be easier if I could find a kit for this carb.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a carb kit for that style and it was over $30. If I had to do it again I'd find a newer 10 series parts saw to steal a walbro carb.

Back