• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Husqvarna 257 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunrush128

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up a Husky 257 that had been dropped out of a tree. The rear handle/tank assembly is broken, choke and kill switch are broken, and the handlebar is bent. Compression is a little low(130), so it could probably use a new ring also. If you have any of these parts, please let me know! Thanks! Chris

I wonder whats the IPL part number for the tank/handle part ?

As well as i think......that 254 p&c might be more powerful conversion for your saw ?

I think the 257 shares the tank with the 50, 51, and 55. I know it shares the tanks with the 254 with there is one on eBay right now for $30 for case, tank and handle. Also you can swap a 262 piston/cylinder onto a 257.

Last edited:
I just picked up a Husky 257 that had been dropped out of a tree. The rear handle/tank assembly is broken, choke and kill switch are broken, and the handlebar is bent. Compression is a little low(130), so it could probably use a new ring also. If you have any of these parts, please let me know! Thanks! Chris

the 257 is a tricky one because it only shares a few parts with the 51/55 and it shares the rest
with the 261/262 as far as the compression on your saw that is fine it will run for a while just fine
like that I know I have lots of fuel tanks and I believe I have a good handle off a 261 ill look

Thanks for all the help! I was able to find a tank assembly really cheap, but I still need a kill switch and choke lever if anyone has them laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back