• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn WTB or LF Information on Echo Plate Seal for CS440/4400/450/510/520/530

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamma Woods

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How's it going today? I know these aren't exactly valuable machines but for some reason I love the styling of those slow grey Echos. I grabbed a CS440 for nearly free that was missing the oiler, clutch and drum (engine only needed a carb clean/kit and a new fuel line) and have been able to scavenge most of the parts I need, but not having luck finding the plate seal, 17531038330, this little guy.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/plate-seal-p-540900.html

1674321248354.png

Seems like it's a cheap part, except for the $22 shipping (almost $40 total in the pretend money up here).... and unfortunately I can't find any busted saws available near me that I could strip that part from, so for the purpose of fabricating my own (unless someone wouldn't mind slapping one in an envelope and sending it up to Canada for a few bucks), would someone be willing to take a few measurements and let me know if this is a metal seal or paper gasket?

I had a few other things I needed so I put an order in with Jack's. When I finally get this thing put together I'll report back if this seal is needed (didn't seem to be in videos I've seen, but might just have been stuck to the back of the oiler) and what the material is for anybody else trying to fix up a junkyard find.

Latest posts

Back