• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Stihl 041 AV Super Electronic Cylinder/Piston 48MM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glinn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to buy a good used or new 48MM piston, rings and cylinder for a Stihl 041 AV Super Electronic chainsaw.

Gary

There seems to be plenty of the 44mm but the AV Super is 48mm. If I can't find a replacement 48mm for the saw I have I'll give the 44mm pistion and cylinder a go.

Gary

041 super

There seems to be plenty of the 44mm but the AV Super is 48mm. If I can't find a replacement 48mm for the saw I have I'll give the 44mm pistion and cylinder a go.

Gary
hey gary i will dig thru my stuff and see what i have

where are you located in the PNW? Also don't forget the studs if you are trying to convert a 44mm saw.

I'm still looking for a piston, rings and cylinder if anyone has a good to new set they will part with. The piston, rings and cylinder will be used to bring my very first chainsaw back to life. The saw has been hibernating in the barn for the last 15 years and sure would like to see the light of day again and take down another doug fir.

Gary

I'm still looking for a piston, rings and cylinder if anyone has a good to new set they will part with. The piston, rings and cylinder will be used to bring my very first chainsaw back to life. The saw has been hibernating in the barn for the last 15 years and sure would like to see the light of day again and take down another doug fir.

Gary

I PM'd you after your initial post about some NOS resources, but never heard back. I got a NOS piston kit for my 041 Super rebuild from one of them. OEM 041 Super parts, especially pistons, can be VERY hard to come by, but if you're willing to make some phone calls and pay the high price they require they can be found...

could some one help me out with a super 48 mm cylinder please and studs, i will pay the postage to AUSTRALIA, pm me if you can help
Peter

Back