• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wtb Stihl 084 muffler cover.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotrek

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know mufflers for this saw are hard to come by but I finally found one without the front cover so I thought I'd ask here if someone has one for sale.

Edit: also if someone knows or has the right bolts to mount the muffler and mount the cover please pm me the sizes.

Yeah that's a little to "bling" for me so that's a last resort :)

I hooked up my kinnect sensor to my 3d printer/mill and started scanning the back part of the muffler to generate a CAD file and see if I can get another back piece made locally. Would anyone else be interested in those mufflers? If I go through the trouble of milling a stamping die might as well make more.

Hate to tell ya, that's probly the going price. haven't seen any any less than that. doesn't mean one isn't out there, just have to be in the right place right time. You probably could make some and sell them to recuop the dye costs and then sell some more for profit. I know they are not a high demand item but no aftermarket company makes them, why I don't know.

I know mufflers for this saw are hard to come by but I finally found one without the front cover so I thought I'd ask here if someone has one for sale.

Edit: also if someone knows or has the right bolts to mount the muffler and mount the cover please pm me the sizes.
They didn't have another one did they

Only one. I started 3d scanning it Maybe I can make a mold or a stamping die. I have the equipment. But I'd likely make it simpler (more like the Euro muffler)

The Us one has like 7 or 8 piece which would require me to take it apart.

The Euro muffler has 5-6 pieces and I can probably get away with 4 (without counting the cover). Just make the housing and a reinforcing back plate then add a simple deflector and spark arrester screen (if wanted). One of the local colonies has a Forming press so if I can machine a basic die they might allow me to stamp some. Who knows. I don't move fast :)

I wasn't thinking of mass producing them, but just making myself a basic spare.

Back