• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Stihl Chainsaw 35-45cc range

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzitre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for a new or used Stihl chainsaw in the 35-45ccish range. I have a 362R and 192TCE and want an in-between saw for those two. What do you have?

Id also be interested in a second ms192.

Last edited:
Ms 180 CB-E ?? not a joke.. reliable little sucker... its 31.8cc of muffler modded fun.. :)

I was able to pick up an MS250 here locally for $160, but would still be interested in a 210 also. Also could use a 16" .325 .063 chainsaw bar.

I was able to pick up an MS250 here locally for $160, but would still be interested in a 210 also. Also could use a 16" .325 .063 chainsaw bar.

I don't know if you are aware the 210 is the same chassis and almost the same weight as the 250.
That doesn't make them bad though. I picked up an 021 ( same creature as the 210 ) for repair and resale. It needed a sprocket and all I had was a 7 tooth 3/8P which gears it very high compared to stock so I compensated with a 12" bar expecting it would likely feel wimpy with high gearing. 1 outing to test run it good, and now I don't want to sell it. In the size wood I expect to use it, primarily on steep ditch banks, sometimes icey I expect it will work fantastic. 22 cutters is a snap to sharpen and w/ high gearing I expect less fuel consumption. I have an 025 also and the parts interchangability is another advantage . Personally I feel very comfortable running these saws and they leave my back feeling better after a long day compared to brand b in the same size range.

I just got an 024 from a seller here, absolutely love it. There's a nice looking one for sale right now, I know nothing about that particular saw. If I wasn't full up on saws, that's what I would be looking at. Still want it, though...

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/024-av-price-reduced.265989/

I'll cast another vote for this saw. I picked up an 024 with a 16" bar recently and have been really impressed with it. Not just how it cuts but the overall feel of it. its a solid little saw!

Back